Acromegaly is a rare and chronic disorder characterized by excess growth hormone secretion and elevated insulin-like growth factor-1 levels, most often caused by a pituitary Adenoma.
How Acromegaly has impacted people’s lives?
Acromegaly Epidemiology Insights
- The total Acromegaly prevalent cases in 2017 were 64,508
- The diagnosed patient pool cases of Acromegaly in 2017 was 49,814
- The prevalent population of Acromegaly in the United States in 2017 was 28,671
- Acromegaly prevalent cases in Japan in 2017 was 10,690
- EU5 countries occupied around 38.98% of Acromegalypatient pool amongst 7MM in 2017
How will Disease transform Acromegaly Market?
Acromegaly market size in 7MM in 2017 was USD 956.96 Million
- Robust pipeline
- Increase in Prevalence
- More efficacious mono and combination therapies
- Economic burden
- Low disease awareness and delay in diagnosis
- No standard cure available
Which biotechnical companies are developing Acromegaly drugs?
The emerging therapies for Acromegalytreatment that are expected to launch in the forecasted period (2020–2030) include Octreotide Capsules (Chiasma Pharma), IONIS-GHR-LRx (Ionis Pharmaceuticals), ATL1103 (Antisense Therapeutics), CAM2029 (Camurus), Veldoreotide (Strongbridge Biopharma), CRN00808 (Crinetics Pharmaceuticals), and Lanreotide PRF (Ipsen).