With the advancement in technology, aircrafts and drones are getting more and more attention and becoming popular worldwide. They are rapidly moving towards becoming an integral part of the aviation industry. Aircrafts and drones are gaining importance in the fields of tourism, business tours, security and surveillance, weather reports and research purposes. They can also be used in emergency cases such as evacuation of casualties etc. As we know, the worldwide air travel has increased significantly, with an average growth of 6.2% in passenger travel in last five years alone. The reasons for such a rapid increase in air travel are improving standards of living, increasing importance and demand of aircrafts and drones, and a growing middle class in the fast-emerging economies. Although, the increase in air travel contributes significantly to the economic growth, it also leads towards the problem of excessive air traffic. This problem is associated with the collisions of aircrafts and drones, thus, making the airspaces more dangerous for traveling.
In order to address this problem, sense and avoid technology was introduced. This technology is one of the key enabler technologies that allows a drone to operate beyond the visual line of sight (BVLOS) as this is critical for the operation of drones in a safe and secure manner. By incorporating sense and avoid technology, the drones can be used efficiently for several scenarios, for example, parcel delivery and in the media industry. Furthermore, this technology is associated with the increased safety of drones within the airspace, as well as the reduced risk of loss of property or life.
Research undertaken by “BIS Research” indicates that two forms of technologies are being used for sense and avoid purposes:
- Cooperative Technology
- Non-cooperative Technology
Cooperative technology offers a number of key benefits over non-cooperative technology. It provides advanced and state of the art systems, such as, Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (T-CAS) and Automatic Dependence Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) transponder. On the other hand, non-cooperative technology works on active sensors, for example radar, ultrasonic sensors and passive sensors, which include Electro-Optical and Infrared cameras (EO/IR) etc.
One of the most significant cooperative technologies in the aviation industry is sky[nav]pro. It is a software and hardware based, integrated system for planning and navigation purposes. With it`s specially developed hardware serving several purposes ranging from communication, weather information, collision avoidance and worldwide live tracking. sky[nav]pro is unique when it comes to market comparison because of its mobile hardware concept, use of portable and multiple communication technologies and its worldwide availability. With its state of the art design, sky[nav]pro has become the first and only product that provides all the above-mentioned benefits in one unit in form of a portable device. An additional advantage is the cost-effectiveness of sky[nav]pro. The software application is provided free of charge containing planning and navigation features. Whereas, for premium services like live weather data, collision alerts and worldwide tracking with SOS feature, the specially designed hardware is required. The hardware is available in two models which are already developed and active throughout central Europe. It can be easily installed in any aircraft whether manned or unmanned due to its system level integration.
sky[nav]pro is being used worldwide in order to resolve the emerging air traffic problems. It offers a perfect collision avoidance system for all types of aircrafts and drones. However, what makes sky[nav]pro so unique?
- Integrated Traffic View – It offers integrated traffic information and automatic alert to alarm the pilot both visually and acoustically. With Automatic Dependence Surveillance Broadcast signals (more commonly known as ADS-B), sky[nav]pro displays the traffic integrated into the navigation app.
- Latest FLARM® Technology – FLARM® is a collision avoidance system in aircrafts. Since 2004, it has been installed in at least 25,000 aircrafts. sky[nav]pro has incorporated the latest FLARM® technology so that older aircrafts can also experience the new trends in technology and have a higher efficiency for collision avoidance.
- Terrain and Obstacles Database – With the Terrain and Obstacles Database, sky[nav]pro also warns about any other obstacles ahead, such as pinwheels and power polls. This way, sky[nav]pro provides information not only about ongoing air traffic but also about the general environment.
- Emergency Services – sky[nav]pro offers a 24/7 customer support service in different languages, in order to provide the best possible product experience and to avoid any inconvenience during the flight.
With drones becoming part of our everyday life and air travel constantly gaining popularity, airspace is getting more crowded than ever. This causes severe flight-safety issues, which calls for a modern networking solution that covers the entirety of air traffic. That is where sky[nav]pro comes in, offering a portable and cost-efficient 4-in-1 solution, to make the sky a safer place.
More Information under: https://www.skynavpro.aero/en/