Acrylic products include acrylic sheets, acrylic plastic pellets, acrylic light boxes, signboards, acrylic bathtubs, acrylic artificial marble, acrylic resin, acrylic (latex) paint, acrylic adhesives, etc., with a wide variety of products.
The acrylic sheet that people often say is the polymethyl methacrylate Polymer Methyl Methacrylate (PMMA) sheet, which is polymerized by “Methyl Methacrylate (MMA)”. Or it is extruded from acrylic pellets through an extruder. In the past, the board was commonly called plexiglass.
Acrylic is derived from the English acrylic, which means PMMA board made of organic compound MMA. Its transparency and light transmittance are like glass. All boards made of transparent plastics such as PS, PC, etc. or poor-quality recycled MMA are collectively referred to as plexiglass. In order to distinguish, the PMMA board made of high-quality pure material MMA is named acrylic board in order to distinguish it from the general plexiglass board.
1. It has crystal-like transparency, the light transmittance is above 92%, the light is soft, and the vision is clear. Acrylic colored with dyes has a good color development effect.
2. Acrylic sheet has excellent weather resistance, high surface hardness and surface gloss, and good high temperature performance.
3. Acrylic sheet has good processing performance, which can be processed by thermoforming or mechanical processing.
4. The transparent acrylic sheet has a light transmittance comparable to that of glass, but the density is only half that of glass. In addition, it is not as fragile as glass, and even if it is broken, it will not form sharp fragments like glass.
5. The abrasion resistance of acrylic sheet is close to that of aluminum, it has good stability and is resistant to corrosion by various chemicals.
6. Acrylic sheet has good printability and sprayability, and the use of appropriate printing and spraying processes can give acrylic products an ideal surface decoration effect.
7. Flammability: It is not spontaneously combustible but is flammable and does not have self-extinguishing property.
Hardness is one of the parameters that best reflects the production process and technology of cast acrylic sheet, and it is an important part of quality control. The hardness can reflect the purity of the raw material PMMA, the weather resistance of the sheet and the high temperature resistance. The hardness directly affects whether the sheet will shrink and bend, and whether the surface will crack during processing. Hardness is one of the rigid indicators for judging the quality of acrylic sheets.
2. Thickness (Acrylic Tolerance)
Acrylic sheet thickness has acrylic tolerance, so the control of acrylic tolerance is an important manifestation of quality management and production technology. Acrylic production has an international standard ISO7823
Tolerance requirements for cast plates: Tolerance = ± (0.4 + 0.1 x thickness)
Tolerance requirements for extruded plates: Tolerance=< 3 mm Thickness: ± 10 %> 3 mm Thickness: ± 5%
Common boards include: transparent board, dyed transparent board, milk white board, color board;
Special boards include: bathroom board, cloud board, mirror board, conductive board, hollow board, impact board, flame retardant board, super wear-resistant board, surface pattern board, frosted board, pearlescent board, metal effect board, etc.
Different performance, different colors and visual effects to meet the ever-changing requirements.
1. Acrylic boards are divided into cast boards and extruded boards according to the production process. According to the transmittance, they can be divided into transparent boards, semi-transparent boards (including dyed transparent boards), color boards (including black and white and color boards); according to performance Impact board, anti-ultraviolet board, ordinary board and special board such as high impact board, flame retardant board, frosted board, metal effect board, high wear-resistant board, light guide board, etc.
A: Casting plate: high molecular weight, excellent rigidity, strength and excellent chemical resistance. Therefore, it is more suitable for processing large-size identification plaques, and the time in the softening process is slightly longer. This kind of board is characterized by small batch processing, incomparable flexibility in color system and surface texture effect, and complete product specifications, which can be used for various special purposes.
B: Extruded plate: Compared with the cast plate, the extruded plate has a lower molecular weight, slightly weaker mechanical properties, and higher flexibility. However, this feature is conducive to bending and hot forming processing, and the softening time is shorter. When processing large-sized plates, it is beneficial to various rapid vacuum forming. At the same time, the thickness tolerance of the extruded plate is smaller than that of the cast plate. Because the extruded plate is mass-produced and automated, the colors and specifications are inconvenient to adjust, so the variety of product specifications is subject to certain restrictions.
2. Acrylic There is also a kind of recycled acrylic sheet that uses recycled acrylic scrap, which is thermally degraded to obtain recycled MMA (methyl methacrylate) monomer, which is then obtained after chemical polymerization. After a rigorous process, the pure MMA monomer can be re-obtained, and there is no difference in quality from the newly synthesized monomer. However, the purity of the produced degradable monomers is not high, and the quality and performance of the sheet are very poor after the sheet is formed.
Keywords: acrylic cut to size, pvc foam board manufacturers, pet sheet extrusion machine, clear acrylic sheet screwfix, high gloss acrylic sheet, petg sheet manufacturers, custom cut acrylic, custom size acrylic sheet, two color acrylic sheet, translucent white acrylic sheet, acrylic sheet white, red acrylic sheet, acrylic board white, pink acrylic sheet, acrylic sheets cheap, 15mm acrylic sheet, green acrylic sheet, acrylic board clear, blue acrylic sheet, 10mm acrylic sheet, acrylic panel, acrylic plastic sheets