DelveInsight’s “Sickle Cell Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032″ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Sickle Cell Disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Sickle Cell Disease market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Sickle Cell Disease market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Sickle Cell Disease market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Sickle Cell Disease market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Sickle Cell Disease treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Sickle Cell Disease market.
Some of the key facts of the Sickle Cell Disease Market Report:
- A study published by Kato et al., quoted that as low-income and middle-income countries go through epidemiological transition which involves substantial reductions in infant mortality that enable SCA diagnoses and treatment, and international migrations contribute to further expand the distribution of the βS allele, the health burden of this disease will increase. The demographical projections estimate that the annual number of newborn babies with SCD worldwide are expected to be more than 400,000 by 2050.
- According to a study titled “Sickle cell disease in Germany: Results from a national registry”, (2019), in Germany, most patients had homozygous SCD (HbSS 75.1%, HbS/β‐thalassemia 13.2%, and HbSC 11.3%). The median age at diagnosis was 1.9 years, most patients were diagnosed when characteristic symptoms occurred. Sepsis and stroke had affected 3.2% and 4.2% of patients, respectively. During the first year of observation, 48.3% of patients were admitted to a hospital and 10.1% required intensive care.
Key benefits of the Sickle Cell Disease Market report:
- In the coming years, the Sickle Cell Disease market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Sickle Cell Disease R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Sickle Cell Disease. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Sickle Cell Disease market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Sickle Cell Disease
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Sickle Cell Disease Market Landscape
Sickle Cell Disease Overview
Sickle cell disease (SCD) is a group of inherited red blood cell disorder caused by a structural abnormality of hemoglobin called sickle hemoglobin (HbS) which encodes hemoglobin subunit β. HbS is inherited in an autosomal recessive way and can occur due to homozygosity for HbS (HbSS). HbS is functional and soluble when oxygenated, but upon deoxygenation it polymerizes, leading to the generation of deformed red blood cells known as sickled cells and dense erythrocytes. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it is estimated that SCD affects approximately 100,000 Americans. It occurs among about 1 out of every 365 Black or African-American births, about 1 out of every 16,300 Hispanic-American births, and about 1 in 13 Black or African-American babies is born with sickle cell trait.
SCD causes a range of acute and long-term complications, requiring a multi-disciplinary approach, involving various medical specialists. Care of patients with sickle cell disease is largely supportive with hydroxyurea representing the only widely used drug which modifies disease pathogenesis. Painful vaso-occlusive events are the most common complication experienced by both children and adults with sickle cell disease and there are few treatment options to prevent the development of these events. Most are managed with traditional supportive care measures (i.e. aggressive hydration, anti-inflammatory and narcotic analgesics). The current therapies used to prevent the complications of the disease vary in their effectiveness and are associated with serious risks and tolerability issues. Besides this, SCD presents with large unmet medical needs, with no disease-modifying treatment.
Sickle Cell Disease Epidemiology Insights:
- As per a study by Wastnedge et al. (2018), the global meta-estimate for the birth prevalence of homozygous sickle cell disease was 111.91 per 100 ,000 live births and that for heterozygous sickle cell disease was 4229.72 per 100 ,000, and it was least in Europe, i.e., 803.57 per 100,000 live births.
- A study titled “Pathophysiology of Sickle Cell Disease”, (2018), quoted that according to the systematic analysis of the Global Burden of Disease Study, approximately 3.2 million people live with SCD, 43 million people have sickle cell trait (i.e., are carriers of the mutation), and 176,000 people die of SCD related complications per year.
Sickle Cell Disease Epidemiological Segmentation
- Sickle Cell Disease total prevalent patient population
- Sickle Cell Disease total diagnosed cases
- Sickle Cell Disease gender-specific prevalence
Sickle Cell Disease Market Outlook
The Sickle Cell Disease market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Sickle Cell Disease market trends by analyzing the impact of current Sickle Cell Disease therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology. This segment gives a thorough detail of Sickle Cell Disease market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated Sickle Cell Disease market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Sickle Cell Disease market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @Sickle Cell Disease Market Landscape
Sickle Cell Disease Key Companies
- Global Blood Therapeutics
- CSL Behring
- and many others
Sickle Cell Disease Therapies
- And many others
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Sickle Cell Disease
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- The United States
- EU 5
- Sickle Cell Disease Emerging Therapies
- Sickle Cell Disease Market Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Sickle Cell Disease Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
Click here to read more about Sickle Cell Disease market
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States