DelveInsight’s “Alzheimer’s Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032“ report delivers an in-depth understanding of Alzheimer’s Disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Alzheimer’s Disease market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Alzheimer’s Disease market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Alzheimer’s Disease market share of the individual therapies, and current and forecasted Alzheimer’s Disease market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Alzheimer’s Disease treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Alzheimer’s Disease market.
Some of the key facts of the Alzheimer’s Disease Market Report:
- Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease, where dementia symptoms gradually worsen over a number of years. In the early stages, memory loss is mild, but with late-stage Alzheimer’s, individuals lose the ability to carry on a conversation and respond to their environment. Alzheimer’s is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States. On average, a person with Alzheimer’s lives 4–8 years after diagnosis but can live as long as 20 years, depending on other factors.
- In 2022, an estimated 5.4 million Americans age 54 and older are living with Alzheimer’s disease. Seventy-three percent are age 74 or older. Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s are women. As the number of older Americans grows rapidly, so too will the number of new and existing cases of Alzheimer’s (Alzheimer’s Association, 2022).
- Nearly one-half of patients with Alzheimer’s disease have moderate to severe disease Among people with Alzheimer’s disease, 40.4% had mild disease, 30.3% had moderate disease, and 19.3% had severe disease. This means that half of all cases could be categorized as mild (Yuan et al. 2021).
Key benefits of the Alzheimer’s Disease Market report:
- In the coming years, the Alzheimer’s Disease market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Alzheimer’s Disease R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Alzheimer’s Disease. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Alzheimer’s Disease market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Alzheimer’s Disease Market Landscape
Alzheimer’s Disease Overview
Alzheimer’s disease is a debilitating neurological disorder that gradually erodes memory and cognitive abilities, as well as the ability to perform even the most basic tasks. Alzheimer’s patients have difficulty doing simple tasks such as driving a car, preparing a meal, or paying bills. They can repeatedly ask the same questions, become easily disoriented, accidentally drop or misplace objects, and find even simple things perplexing. Some people become worried, frustrated, or aggressive as the disease progresses. Alzheimer’s disease is a disease whose precise causes are unknown. However, at a fundamental stage, brain proteins malfunction, disrupting the work of brain cells (neurons) and triggering a cascade of toxic events. Neurons become weakened, lose their ties, and ultimately die.The most well-known risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease is age. Alzheimer’s disease is not a natural part of aging, but it does increase the chances of developing it as the person gets older. It is accompanied by a family history of the said disease, or it is also observed that many people with down’s syndrome experience Alzheimer’s later in their life.
Alzheimer’s Disease Epidemiological Insights:
- An estimated nearly 400,000 new cases of Alzheimer’s disease were estimated to be diagnosed in the United States. Every 54 seconds, someone in America develops Alzheimer’s disease (Bright Focus Foundation, 2021).
- It is estimated that there are more than 1.4 million people are living with Alzheimer’s disease in Germany (Alzheimer’s Association, n.d.).
- Worldwide, up to 80% of the 44 million patients with dementia are thought to have Alzheimer’s disease. Europe has the second highest prevalence of dementia worldwide with 14.1 million people (IDENTIFY ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE, n.d.)
- Alzheimer’s disease is most common in people over the age of 54 in U.K. The risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia increases with age, affecting an estimated 1 in 14 people over the age of 54 and 1 in every 5 people over the age of 80. But around 1 in every 20 people with Alzheimer’s disease are under the age of 54 (National Health Service, n.d.).
Alzheimer’s Disease Market Epidemiological Segmentation
- Alzheimer’s Disease total prevalent population
- Alzheimer’s Disease total age-specific diagnosed cases
- Alzheimer’s Disease total gender-specific diagnosed cases
- Alzheimer’s Disease total treated cases
Alzheimer’s Disease Market Market Outlook
The Alzheimer’s Disease market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Alzheimer’s Disease market trends by analyzing the impact of current Alzheimer’s Disease therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Alzheimer’s Disease market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated Alzheimer’s Disease market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Alzheimer’s Disease market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @Alzheimer’s Disease Market Landscape
Alzheimer’s Disease Market Key Companies
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Cortexyme Pharmaceutical
- And many more
Alzheimer’s Disease Market Therapies
- Lecanemab (BAN2401)
- Aducanumab (BIIB037)
- Atuzaginstat (COR388)
- And many more
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Alzheimer’s Disease Market
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- The United States
- EU 5
- Alzheimer’s Disease Market Emerging Therapies
- Alzheimer’s Disease Market Market Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Alzheimer’s Disease Market Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Alzheimer’s Disease Market
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Adya Kaul
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States