Postpartum Depression Overview
Postpartum depression (PPD) is the most common non-psychotic, complication of childbearing affecting approximately 10–15% of women and as such, represents a considerable public health problem affecting women and their families. The postnatal period is well established as an increased time of risk for the development of serious mood disorders. There are three common forms of postpartum affective illness: the blues (baby blues, maternity blues), postpartum (or postnatal) depression, and puerperal (postpartum or postnatal) psychosis each of which differs in its prevalence, clinical presentation, and management.
The Postpartum Depression (PPD) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM Postpartum Depression (PPD) market size from 2017 to 2030. The report also covers current Postpartum Depression (PPD) treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Request for sample- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/postpartum-depression-market
Some of the key highlights of the Postpartum Depression market report
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Postpartum Depression in the United States was 621,340 in 2020.
- In the United States, the total diagnosed prevalent population of Postpartum Depression is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 0.60%, during the study period 2018-2030.
- DelveInsight has also made an analysis on the various types of depression that occur post-pregnancy such as Baby Blues, Postpartum Psychosis, Postpartum OCD, Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and Postpartum Panic Disorder. In the United States, the number of cases of these disorders were 2,067,000, 62,010, 206,700, 413,400 and 289,380, respectively in 2020.
- Sage Therapeutics
Postpartum Depression Market: Diagnosis
Women who are at risk for postpartum depression should be identified as soon as possible during pregnancy so that appropriate follow-up and care can be initiated. Risk factors for postpartum depression include depression, anxiety, stressful life events during pregnancy or the early puerperium, low levels of social support, and a personal or family history of depression. Women with a history of postpartum depression are also at increased risk of recurrence.
Postpartum Depression Market: Treatment
Antidepressant medications, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and interpersonal therapy are effective in the treatment of PPD. Other treatments, which may be useful include psychodynamic therapy, light therapy, exercise, and yoga, but the current research evidence about the efficacy of such treatment regimens is more preliminary.
Postpartum Depression Market: Drugs
- Zulresso (brexanolone): Sage Therapeutics
Postpartum Depression Market: Emerging Drugs
- Zuranolone (SAGE-217): Sage Therapeutics
- Ganaxolone (CCD-1042): Marinus Pharmaceuticals
Postpartum Depression Market Outlook
According to the American Psychiatric Association (APA), Postpartum depression (PPD) is a serious, but treatable medical illness, which involves feelings of extreme sadness, emotional liability, indifference and/or anxiety, as well as changes in energy, sleep, and appetite, and carries risks for the mother and the newborn child. PPD usually starts within the first month or any time within the first year after childbirth and can last from weeks to months. In more severe cases, it can develop into chronic episodes of depression.
Download sample report- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/postpartum-depression-market
Table of content
1. Key Insight
2. Postpartum depression (PPD) Market Overview at a Glance
3. Disease Background and Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD)
4. Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Country-Wise Epidemiology of Postpartum Depression (PPD)
7. Treatment Algorithm by American Family Physician (AFP)
8. Treatment Guidelines by Unicare
9. Treatment Guidelines by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
10. Recognized Establishments
11. Unmet Needs
12. Marketed Profile
13. Postpartum Depression: 7 Major Market Analysis
14. The United States Market Outlook
15. Japan: Market Outlook
16. KOL Reviews
17. Case Reports
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
20. SWOT Analysis
22. DelveInsight Capabilities
24. About DelveInsight
Postpartum Depression Market Report Highlights
- In the coming years, Postpartum Depression (PPD) market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Postpartum Depression (PPD) R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players such as Sage Therapeutics and Marinus Pharmaceuticals are involved in developing therapies for Postpartum Depression (PPD). Launch of emerging therapies such as SAGE-217 and Ganaxolone will significantly impact the Postpartum Depression (PPD) market. Out of the two prominent emerging players Sage Therapeutics is a leading player and its potential drug SAGE-217 has shown promising results in the clinical trials for PPD.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (phase III and phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States