The global peptide synthesis market size is expected to reach USD 516.75 Million by 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Reports and Data. Major factors driving market revenue growth are increasing use of peptides in pharmaceutical drugs, rise in research activities and availability of funding for R&D, and development of advanced technological peptide synthesizers.
Peptides are highly specific and effective signalling molecules that bind to specific cell surface receptors such as G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) or ion channels, causing intracellular effects. Peptides are an excellent starting point for the development of novel therapeutics due to their excellent pharmacological profile and intrinsic properties. In humans, their specificity has been shown to translate into high levels of protection, tolerability, and efficacy.
Peptide therapeutics have a lower processing complexity than protein-based biopharmaceuticals, resulting in lower manufacturing costs that are similar to those of small molecules. As peptides strike a balance between small molecules and biopharmaceuticals, the peptide synthesis market has seen a large rise in revenue.
In addition to conventional peptide design, a number of peptide technologies have emerged that indicate high potential growth opportunities in the peptide synthesis industry. Among them are multifunctional and cell penetrating peptides, peptide drug conjugates, and innovations focused on different routes of administration.
Peptides have a wide range of applications, ranging from medicine and biotechnology, to therapeutic peptide chemistry in the last decade. Use of peptide for commercial purposes is also on the rise, which is also propelling peptide synthesis market growth. Lupron, which is a peptide-based drug used to treat prostate cancer and other diseases, had global sales of more than USD 752 million in 2020. In addition, sales for Sanofi’s Lantus reached USD 7 billion in 2017. Approximately 140 peptide drugs are in clinical trials and over 500 therapeutic peptides in preclinical processing, and are currently more than 80 FDA-approved peptide medicines are on the market.
Current peptide synthesis, on the other hand, is primarily focused on legacy technologies that use large amounts of highly volatile reagents and solvents. Lower performance, costly biocatalysts, and a lack of validation protocols are drawbacks of this technology, making peptide production by enzymatic methods difficult.
Get a sample copy of the global Peptide Synthesis market report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4007
Increasing development of on-demand, digitally enabled, and seamlessly connected clinician-patient interactions to manage patient base is expected to drive pharma and healthcare market in the coming years. After the COVID-19 outbreak there has been a number of foundational shifts in the healthcare system. Some of the examples include increasing consumer involvement in health care decision-making, the rapid adoption of virtual health & other digital innovations, increasing focus on utilization of interoperable data & data analytics, and increased public-private collaborations in therapeutics and vaccine development. The increased public-private collaborations for vaccine development has arisen due to high pressure of regional governments. Health care providers, and other stakeholders have invested heavily to quickly pivot, adapt, and innovate therapeutics.
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- In 2020, reagents segment accounted for largest share among other product segments in the global peptide synthesis market.
- The solid-phase synthesis segment is expected to register highest revenue CAGR during the forecast period.
- In 2020, pharmaceutical & biotechnological companies segment accounted for largest revenue share owing to increasing number of R&D projects in genomics, molecular biology, and related fields.
- North America accounted for largest revenue share in the global market in 2020. This can be attributed to major presence of key market players, increased availability of peptide synthesis technologies, as well as rising focus on producing peptide-based drugs on commercial scale.
- The peptide synthesis market in Asia Pacific is expected to continue to register fastest revenue growth rate owing to increased investments by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as increasing R&D activities in countries in the region.
- Some major players in the global peptide synthesis market include Genscript Biotech, Merck KGaA, Aapptec, Bachem Holdings, Anaspec, Biotage, CEM Corporation, Gyros Protein Technologies, Advanced Chemtech, and NEP (New England Peptide).
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/4007
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global peptide synthesis market on the basis of product, technology, end use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Peptide Synthesizers
- Chromatography Equipment
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Solid-phase Peptide Synthesis
- Liquid-phase Peptide Synthesis
- Hybrid & Recombinant Technology
End User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations
- Academic and Research Institutes
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4007
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States