Introduction of Anionic Polyacrylamide
Anionic polyacrylamide, abbreviated as APAM, is a kind of polyacrylamide (PAM) and its electric charge is electronegative which consists of functional groups such as sulfonic acid, phosphoric acid or carboxylic acid.
Special Features of Anionic Polyacrylamide
- Polymer has greater stretchability of their molecular chains in water due to its more charged property, which increases its ability to adsorb and bridge suspended particles. The interactions between APAM and suspended particles are mainly electrostatic, hydrogen or covalent bonding.
- With its large molecular weight and good solubility, anionic polyacrylamide can be used as an important flocculant.
- In addition, due to its excellent flocculation properties, it has been widely used in water treatment. In general, the molecular weight of polysaccharide polymers is determined by their intrinsic viscosity.
1) Drinking water treatment
Many water in China’s water plants comes from the river water, which contains large sum of sediment and mineral, it still cannot meet the requirements even after precipitation and filtration, so the flocculant is needed. With using PAM flocculants, 1/50 additive amount that of inorganic flocculants, it will be several times and even dozens of times more effective than the inorganic flocculants.
2) Displacement agent for tertiary recovery of oilfield
It can adjust the water injection rheology, increase the viscosity of the replacement fluid, improve the efficiency of the replacement fluid spread, so that the water permeability of the formation decreased and the water and oil are maintained at at constant speed.
3) Papermaking additives
It can be used as the retention agent, the filter agent, and the reinforcing agent for the wet and dry paper in papermaking industry.
4) Drilling mud material
It is used as drilling mud additive in oil field exploration and development and geological, water conservancy and coal exploration.
5) It is used as additives and adhesives in aquatic product feedstuff.
6) It is used as the clarifying agent in sugar refining industry.
7) It can be used to improve water quality, air quality and soil surface infiltration rate, minimize soil crusting to allow for uniform plant growth.
Company Name: OUBO CHEMICAL CO,. LTD
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email
Address:805 Room, No.13, B Zone, Wanda Mansion