Protein expression is a process in which protein synthesis, modification, and regulation takes in living organisms. Development of recombinant techniques and genetic engineering has opened more possibilities for isolation and expression of heterologous proteins. Protein expression is used to identify the presence of proteins in cells and plays a pivotal role in biochemistry and biotechnology research.
Increasing incidence of chronic diseases, rising funds by various private and public organizations to support research in proteomics, rapid growth in the biotechnology sector, and increasing demand for protein biologics for treating anemia, hemophilia, cancer, multiple sclerosis, and infectious diseases are factors boosting global market revenue growth. In addition, rising demand for therapeutic proteins such as vaccines, hormones, insulin, and monoclonal antibodies, increasing geriatric population across the globe, ongoing research activities, and rapid advancements in medical technology are supporting market growth.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/3978
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- Prokaryotic expression systems segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2020 and is expected to register significant revenue growth over the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to increasing application scope of prokaryotic expression systems, high production capacity and minimal production costs.
- Reagents segment is expected to register considerable revenue growth over the forecast period owing to increasing use and demand for reagents and materials for research studies and manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals such as insulin, vaccines, and therapeutic antibodies, among others.
- Therapeutic segment is expected to register a rapid CAGR over the forecast period owing to increasing application of protein expression to develop biologics, rising use of protein therapeutics to treat chronic diseases, and increasing global demand for biologics.
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment accounted for largest market share in the global market in terms of revenue in 2020 and is expected to register considerable revenue share in the global market over the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to increasing investment in biopharmaceutical R&D, growing demand for protein therapeutics, and rising funding for drug designing and development.
- North America is expected to account for largest share in the global market over the forecast period owing to presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure, rising burden of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and arthritis, among others, and robust presence of key market players in the region.
- Key companies in the market include Agilent Technologies, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Merck KGaA, Promega Corporation, New England Biolabs, Qiagen, Takara Bio, Inc., Genscript Biotech Corporation, Oxford Expression Technologies Ltd., and Synthetic Genomics Inc., among others.
- In July 2020, SomaLogic announced a strategic collaboration with Amgen to integrate SomaScan proteomics platform within Amgen’s drug discovery and development programs. SomaScan platform uses the former’s Somamer affinity program to measure protein expression in patient samples.
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/3978
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global protein expression market based on expression system, product, application, end-use industry, and region:
Expression System Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Prokaryotic Expression Systems
- Escherichia coli Systems
- Mammalian Expression Systems
- Yeast Cell Expression Systems
- Kluyveromyces Lactis Systems
- Saccharomyces Systems
- Pichia Systems
- Other Systems
- Insect Cell Expression Systems
- Baculovirus Expression Systems
- Other Systems
- Cell-free Expression Systems
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Competent Cells
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
End-use Industry Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/3978
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States