The global women’s health market size is expected to reach USD 56.8 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period. Governments and various private organizations focused on women health across the globe, which is likely to drive the market in the coming years. Coverage plans provided to women is one of the key factors expected to drive the market in developed countries.
In U.S., coverage plans provide preventive services for women without any copayment charges. This includes anemia screening on a routine basis, folic acid supplements for women who may become pregnant, hepatitis B screening, breast cancer screening, and contraception. Healthy People 2020 was established by the Department of Health and Human Services which has a 10-year agenda for improving the health of all Americans.
Initiatives undertaken by countries such as India, Japan, China, Singapore, and Australia are expected to drive the market over the forecast period. For example, in September 2016, Australia’s Ministry of Health provided a grant of USD 3.8 million till 2019 to Jean Hailes, a women’s health group, to help develop its education and outreach.
To Know More About Women’s Health Market, Access Sample Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/womens-health-market/request/rs1
Owing to aging and rising incidences of obesity, an increase in prevalence of osteoarthritis (OA) has been witnessed. According to the United Nations, about 10%-15% of all adults aged over 60 have some degree of OA, and the condition is more prevalent in women. According to the CDC, in 2013, back problems were more common in women (30.2%). According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), the worldwide prevalence of osteoporosis among women was over 200.0 million in 1990, which is anticipated to reach 680.0 million by 2050.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- On the basis of application, postmenopausal osteoporosis dominated the women’s health market in 2019 owing to its increasing prevalence in women over 40 and the major risks associated such as osteoporotic fractures. This leads to an increased demand for treatment to prevent bone loss
- Availability of a wide range of drugs for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis is projected to boost the market. These include Fosamax, Actonel, Boniva, Reclast, Evista, and Prolia. In April 2017, the U.S. FDA approved a new drug, Tymlos, to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis. The approval was based on data of an 18-month trial that demonstrated a substantial reduction in the risk of vertebral and non-vertebral fractures
- North America held the largest market share in 2019 owing to technological advancements and presence of major market players in the region. Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is expected to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period
- Some of the key players in the women’s health market are Bayer AG; Allergan; Merck & Co., Inc.; Teva Pharmaceuticals; Pfizer; Agile Therapeutics; Amgen, Inc.; AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Ferring B.V.
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/womens-health-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global women’s health market on the basis of application and region:
Women’s Health Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Hormonal Infertility
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Women’s Health Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Key Topics Covered
Table of Content
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Objectives – 1
1.2 Objectives – 2
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Outlook
2.2 Segment Outlook
2.3 Competitive Insights
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.2.1 Penetration Analysis
3.2.2 Market Driver Analysis
18.104.22.168 Rising incidence of target disorders
22.214.171.124 Child or early marriages
126.96.36.199 Initiatives by government and various organizations
3.2.3 Market Restraint Analysis
188.8.131.52 Patent expiry of major drugs
184.108.40.206 Lawsuits related to contraceptives
3.3 Women’s Health Market: Business Environment Analysis Tools
3.3.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.2 Pestel Analysis
3.4 Clinical Pipeline Analysis
3.5 Approval of Few Drugs in Recent Years
Browse Related Reports :
Women’s Health Therapeutics Market By Type (Infection, Pregnancy, Oncology), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, LATAM, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025:
Immunomodulators Market By Product (Immunosuppressant, Immunostimulants, Vaccines, Antibodies), By Application (Oncology, Respiratory, HIV), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States