Textile, By Raw Material (ePTFE, PU, Polyester), By Product, By Application (Protective Clothing, Sports Goods), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025 ”, published by Grand View Research, Inc., The global waterproof breathable textiles market size is expected to reach USD 2.44 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 5.5%,Rising product demand in sports apparels and accessories on account of its properties, such as optimum moisture and heat regulation, is expected to boost WBT market growth over the forecast period. Demand for sports apparels, as a result of rising popularity of various outdoor and indoor sports, is also anticipated to contribute to the market development as the product is widely used in active sportswear.
In addition, growing awareness regarding maintaining an active lifestyle is expected to boost the demand for sportswear, thereby driving the market growth. The emergence of smart breathable fabrics coupled with technological proliferation is anticipated to spur the product demand further. Changes in membrane incorporation method, fabric substrates, coating techniques, and lining materials, which play a crucial role in the designing of these textiles, will also propel the market growth. Companies in the industry are investing in the development of eco-friendly products to cater to the increasing demand for sustainable solutions as well as to obtain a competitive edge over others.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Polyurethane (PU) film led the global WBT market in 2018 on account of increasing adoption of durable and versatile TPU-based films for waterproofing and fabric bonding applications
- General clothing and accessories application segment accounted for 18.7% of the global share in 2018
- In terms of revenue, footwear product segment is said to witness the maximum CAGR of 6.2% from 2019 to 2025 on account of rising demand for sport-specific and lightweight footwear
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 6.6%, in terms of revenue, from 2019 to 2025 owing to the matured manufacturing base coupled with rising disposable income levels in the region
- Major companies in the industry, such as SympaTex Technologies and Heartland Textiles, focus on product differentiation and have launched various products to cater to the rapidly expanding end-user industries
The protective clothing is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 5.5%, in terms of revenue, from 2019 to 2025 on account of increasing number of clean rooms and stringent government regulations pertaining to a sanitary work environment in healthcare and chemicals industries. High demand for chemical- and fire-resistant clothes, medical gowns and coats, boots, shoes, masks, carpets, and coveralls is projected to boost the segment growth over the forecast period. In addition, rapidly expanding construction sector, industrialization, and urbanization are contributing to the segment expansion.
Request A Free Sample Copy Of Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market Report At: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry/request/rs1
Active sportswear segment also accounted for a significant market share in 2018 and is projected to witness notable growth over the forecast period. Increasing product usage in military is anticipated to have a positive impact on the segment growth. Rising number of small-scale companies in the sportswear industry in Asia coupled with shifting consumer preference toward quality products is expected to drive the product demand in sports goods.
Asia Pacific accounted for the largest market share in 2018 owing to the presence of developing countries with a rising consumer disposable income, increasing population, and other factors, which positively influence the consumption trends and patterns. Manufacturing capacity expansion by major companies in this region is anticipated to drive the growth further. Shifting preference toward multi-functional apparel and footwear made from high-quality fabrics and materials will also have a major impact on the region’s growth. Rapid industrialization and increasing R&D efforts by regional firms to develop unique materials with multiple benefits is further anticipated to augment the Asia Pacific market growth.
In North America, PU film segment is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 5.8% from 2019 to 2025 on account of increasing demand for films, which offer favorable thermal and waterproof properties. In addition, growing awareness regarding maintaining an active lifestyle is projected to impel the market growth in this region. Germany is the largest economy in Europe, which is characterized by the presence of growing automotive, power, and oil & gas industries, which, in turn, is expected to drive the WBT market in the years to come. Rapidly expanding chemical industry in the region is also likely to trigger product demand over the forecast period.
Browse Related Report:
- Protective Textiles Market– Increased construction spending in emerging countries is expected to trigger the demand for specialty workwear in buildings and construction, which in turn is anticipated to drive the growth of the market. The surge in demand for protective textiles in the chemical industry is expected to benefit the overall sector.
- Ballistic Protective Equipment Market– The industry is anticipated to witness sustainable growth over the forecast period on account of growing internal as well as external security threats as a consequence of conflicts between nations along with rising warfare situations. Growing national anti-terrorist attack preparedness in most of the economies have also dramatically impacted sales of armor wear globally.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Waterproof Breathable Textiles (WBT) market on the basis of raw material, textile, product, application, and region:
WBT Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Solvent borne
WBT Textile Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Densely Woven
WBT Product Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
WBT Application Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- General Clothing & Accessories
- Bags & Briefcases
- Sports Goods
- Outdoor gears and accessories
- Protective Clothing
WBT Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States