The U.S. hormone replacement therapy market size is expected to reach USD 16.39 billion by 2027, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2020 to 2027. The growth in the market is largely attributable to the technological advancements in the drug delivery systems coupled with the rising prevalence of hormonal disorders.
In February 2020, Clarus Therapeutics, Inc. announced the FDA approval of Jatenzo (testosterone undecanoate) capsules for the treatment of testosterone deficiency (hypogonadism). Jatenzo is the first and only oral soft gel of testosterone approved by the U.S. FDA. The product however has not yet been commercialized. Innovation and introduction of novel products may fuel market growth.
In addition, injectable testosterone and transdermal products have been the preferred treatment for male hypogonadism. In April 2016, Aytu BioScience, Inc. entered into the market with a long-term, exclusive license agreement for Natesto with Acerus Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Natesto is the first nasal formulation of testosterone approved by the U.S. FDA for the indication of hypogonadism.
Companies are taking the initiative to raise awareness regarding the diseases and thereby increase the adoption of their products. For instance, in September 2020, AbbVie introduced a direct-to-patient pharmacy program that offers Synthroid to be delivered at a patient’s doorstep. Synthroid Delivers Program initiative may help the company increase revenue during the pandemic while supporting people in following home quarantine. However, the duration of hormone replacement therapies differs from patient to patient. This treatment is generally expensive, which is a key parameter for limiting the market growth.
Request a free sample copy https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-hormone-replacement-therapy-market/request/rs1
U.S. Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Report Highlights
- By product, the estrogen and progesterone replacement therapy segment held the largest share in 2019 followed by the thyroid replacement therapy segment
- In August 2020, Novo Nordisk A/S received the U.S. FDA approval for its HGH replacement therapy product Sogroya (somapacitan-beco). This product is administered once a week through a subcutaneous route in adults diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency
- The parathyroid hormone segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period due to the rising adoption of the product for the treatment of hypoparathyroidism. According to the National Organization for Rare Disease, around 70,000 people in the U.S. have hypoparathyroidism
- The oral segment is anticipated to dominate the market on the basis of route of administration. However, certain notable adverse effects of estrogen-based drugs are expected to reduce the consumption rate, which may impede segment growth
- The parenteral segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. Rapid technological advancements in the parenteral mode of administration, such as pen-based drug delivery and longer-acting human growth hormone products are anticipated to improve patient compliance and facilitate ease of administration, thereby propelling segment growth over the forecast period
- The menopause segment may dominate the market over the forecast period due to the rising incidence, and treatment rates for vasomotor symptoms and vaginal atrophy in the post-menopausal women
Inquire Before Buying @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/451101/ibb
U.S. Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. hormone replacement therapy market by product, route of administration, and disease type:
U.S. Hormone Replacement Therapy Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Estrogen and Progesterone Replacement Therapy
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Replacement Therapy
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Parathyroid Hormone
U.S. Hormone Replacement Therapy Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
List of Key Players of U.S. Hormone Replacement Therapy Market
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ASCEND Therapeutics US, LLC.
Key Topic Covered
Chapter 1 Methodology
1.1 Market segmentation
1.1.1 Estimates and Forecast Timeline
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Information procurement
1.3.1 Purchased Database
1.3.2 GVR’s Internal Database
1.3.3 Secondary Sources
1.3.4 Primary Research
1.3.5 Details of Primary Research
1.4 Information or Data Analysis
1.4.1 Data Analysis Models
1.5 Market Formulation & Validation
1.6 Model Details
1.6.1 Commodity Flow Analysis
220.127.116.11 Approach 1: Commodity Flow Approach
18.104.22.168 Approach 2: Country-wise market estimation using the bottom-up approach
1.7 U.S. Market: CAGR Calculation
1.8 Research Assumptions
1.9 List of Secondary Sources
1.10 List of Primary Sources
1.11.1 Objective 1
1.11.2 Objective 2
1.12 List of Abbreviations
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Industry Outlook
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Regulatory and Reimbursement Framework
3.4 Market Variable Analysis
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
22.214.171.124 Increase in the number of patients undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy
126.96.36.199 Rising prevalence of hormonal disorders
188.8.131.52 Technological developments in drug delivery systems
3.4.2 Market restraint analysis
184.108.40.206 High cost of treatment
220.127.116.11 Risk of side effects
3.5 Industry Analysis Tools
3.5.1 PESTEL Analysis
3.5.2 Porter’s five forces analysis
3.6 Major Deals and Strategic Alliances Analysis
3.6.1 New Product Launch
3.6.2 Mergers and Acquisitions
3.6.3 Promotional Agreements & Joint Ventures
3.6.4 Conferences and Campaigns
3.7 Pipeline Analysis
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States