The U.S. assisted living facility market size is expected to reach USD 121.2 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 6.4% CAGR over the forecast period. Increasing awareness and desire of consumers to age in home-based services is driving the growth of the market. In addition, lower cost of assisted living facilities (ALFs) as compared to nursing homes will propel the market.
Growing geriatric population in need of supportive environment and continuous care will fuel the growth of the market. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, by 2030, all baby boomers will be older than 65 years. According to the Rural Health Information Hub, 78 million people will be 65 years or older by 2030 and this number is expected to rise to 90 million by 2050. Presently, the highest number of assisted living facilities are in the southeast part of the country and they accounted for about 23.0% of all assisted living facilities in the U.S. Furthermore, there is a high tendency of retirees moving to the Sun Belt region in the U.S. owing to a warm and sunny climate, availability of new and comfortable housing styles, and rising recreational opportunities. This is expected to propel the market in this particular region.
Competition in the market is very high and strict regulations and licensing are expected to pose barriers for new entrants. Major participants in the market include Sunrise Senior Living, LLC; Brookdale Senior Living Solutions; and Atria Senior Living, Inc. Furthermore, rise in the cost of utilities, food, real estate taxes, and insurance could negatively affect the market.
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-assisted-living-facility-market
Key Takeaways from the report:
- By gender, women held the maximum share in 2018 and the segment is predicted to exhibit the fastest growth over the forecast period. This can be attributed to greater life expectancy of women and higher rates of disability and chronic health problems
- On the basis of age, the more than 85 years segment dominated the U.S. market in 2018. This segment is expected to expand at the fastest pace through 2026
- Increasing regulations on ALFs to ensure proper care and coordinated services could restrain the growth of the market. In the U.S., state-level regulation is enforced for licensing and certification and may vary in different states
- Strategic initiatives undertaken by various market players are expected to keep growth prospects upbeat in the following years. In May 2016, Brookdale Senior Living Solutions invested about USD 8.0 million on its Florida senior living facility. Expansions such as these are likely to boost U.S. assisted living facility market growth
- Some of the leading market players are Kindred Healthcare, Inc.; Atria Senior Living, Inc.; Integral Senior Living; Brookdale Senior Living Solutions; Five Star Senior Living; Sunrise Senior Living, Inc.; Capital Senior Living; Merrill Gardens; Gardant Management Bradley; and Belmont Village Senior Houston.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6930/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. assisted living facility market based on gender and age:
U.S. Assisted Living Facility Gender Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 – 2026)
U.S. Assisted Living Facility Age Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 – 2026)
- More than 85 years
- 75-84 years
- 65-74 years
- Less than 65 years
U.S. Assisted Living Facility Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 – 2026)
Browse Related Reports :
U.S. EMS Billing Services Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (In-house, Outsourced), Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2026
Medical Imaging Phantoms Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Material (False Organ), By Device Type (X-ray, Nuclear Imaging), By End Use (Medical Device Companies, Hospitals), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2026
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States