In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this UK data center market report.
UK data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- In 2019 and 2020, the UK market witnessed investments in over 30 data center projects, where London continues to dominate the market investment with a share of around 85%.
- The UK moved out of the European Union (Brexit) on January 31, 2020, which has brought uncertainty towards data storage among enterprises and cloud service providers.
- In 2019, colocation providers dominated the share of data center investments. The UK is the most sought-after location for data centers owing to the strong business demand for data center services.
- Over $2.5 billion will be cumulative revenue opportunities for power infrastructure providers between 2020-2025.
- The UK is a leading colocation market in Europe with over 250 operational colocation facilities, where continuous investments on YoY to grow the market at a CAGR of around 5% between 2019-2025.
- Market Size & Forecast by Investment | 2019−2025
- Market Size & Forecast by Colocation Revenue | 2019−2025
- Impact of COVID-19 on Data Center Market
- Retail & Wholesale Data Center Colocation Pricing in the UK
- List of Data Center Investments in the UK
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standard
- Key Market Participants – List of 10 IT infrastructure providers, 15 construction service providers, 16 support infrastructure providers, and 10 data center investors
UK Data Center Market – Segmentation
- Increasing investments in technologies such as AI, IoT, and 5G applications will continue to grow server revenue in the country. The adoption of mission critical and high-performance server systems is likely to dominate in the market. Open Source hardware is a likely to be a developing market in the UK.
- Data centers built in populated areas will be concerned over carbon emission, which is likely to increase the adoption of efficient generator systems. The UK market is witnessing an increase in the adoption of generators over 2 MW. For instance, colocation providers such as CyrusOne, Digital Realty, and Equinix have equipped their facilities N+1 generator over 2 MW capacities.
- Data center operators adopt evaporative and economizer-based cooling solutions. However, the UK market is witnessing a high adoption of liquid immersion cooling solutions. In the UK market, 3M and Submer Technologies are providing liquid immersion cooling. In 2019, Submer Technologies partnered with Goonhilly Earth station to equip the facility with liquid immersion cooling solutions.
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer, Switches & Switchgears
- Rack PDUs
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Rack Cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Building Design
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
Market Segmentation by Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Market Segmentation by Geography
- Other Cities
UK Data Center Market – Dynamics
The cloud adoption among UK enterprises is over 50% for a minimum of one service. AWS, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, Tencent, IBM, and Oracle have presence in the UK market, offering services to end-users. The Brexit has brought uncertainty among cloud providers in terms of storage and retrieval of customer data in the UK. European companies with physical presence in the UK are migrating workloads to Germany, the Netherlands, France, or other EU countries. In February 2020, Google announced the migration of the UK user data related to services such as Gmail, YouTube, and Android Play Store from Ireland to the US to avoid post Brexit legal risks. In 2020, the increase in cloud services demand has led to the launch of 10 new services (such as cybersecurity) by Microsoft in the UK. Also, AWS and Microsoft Azure are the dominant players in the UK cloud market.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Colocation Investments to Grow
- Brexit a Boon or Bane to UK Data Center Industry
- Increase in Edge Data Center Deployment
- Government Invests to Support Digital Boom of Modern Technology
Key Market Participants
- IT Infrastructure Providers
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Construction Service Providers
- Bouygues Construction
- RED Engineering
- Mentor Construction
- Mountfield Group plc
- Structure Tone
- Mercury Engineering
- Hurley Palmer Flatt
- ISG plc
- Support Infrastructure Providers
- KINOLT (Euro-Diesel)
- Mitsubishi Electric
- MTU Onsite Energy
- KOHLER SDMO
- Schneider Electric
- Riello UPS
- Data Center Investors
- Digital Realty (Interxion)
- VIRTUS Data Centre (STT GDC)
- Colt DCS
- NTT Global Data Centers
- China Mobile International
- Anthena Vaults
- Iron Mountain
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States