The global tonometer market size is anticipated to reach USD 483.6 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period. A tonometer is a device that measures the intraocular pressure or the pressure of the fluid inside the eye. Tonometry is a form of diagnostic test that is used to diagnose glaucoma. Glaucoma is an eye condition caused by damage to the optic nerve. The increasing prevalence of diabetes around the world is the most important factor driving the tonometer market. According to studies, diabetic patients are most likely to develop glaucoma as diabetes raises the risk of glaucoma by 36%. Furthermore, according to a study published in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the global prevalence of glaucoma in patients aged 40 to 80 years is expected to reach 111.8 million by 2040.
The use of tonometers in hospitals and clinics is likely to be aided by advantageous payment programs, and the industry is expected to be driven by increasing patient consciousness about early diagnosis and routine monitoring of intraocular pressure (IOP) to prevent avoidable vision loss.
Tonometer Market Report Highlights
• On the basis of type, the applanation segment accounted for the largest market share, as it has been the standard method of calculating IOP for more than 50 years. However, its use has declined in recent years due to its inaccuracy in calculating IOP in patients with irregular corneas, such as dense or thin corneas.
• Based on portability, the handheld tonometer held the largest market share in 2018 and is expected to grow at a steady rate over the forecast period owing to the factors such as ergonomic design and affordable prices.
• On the basis of end-use, the ophthalmic clinics’ segment had the highest market share in 2018 and is projected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. The segment’s growth is projected to be fueled by a large patient population, the availability of technologically innovative technologies, and qualified professionals.
• In October 2020, Tomey launched a non-contact tonometer that combines soft air-puff tonometry with the central corneal thickness (CCT) for correct intraocular pressure (IOP).
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tonometer-market/request/rs1
Tonometer Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global tonometer market on the basis of type, portability, end use, and region:
Tonometer Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Applanation tonometer
• Goldmann and Perkins applanation tonometry
• Non-contact tonometer
• Ocular Response Analyzer
• Rebound tonometer
• Indentation tonometer
• Pascal Dynamic Contour Tonometer
Tonometer Portability Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
Tonometer End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Ophthalmic centers
Tonometer Regional Outlook (Volume, Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Hong Kong
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
List of Key Players of Tonometer Market
• Keeler Ltd
• Topcon Corporation
• Icare Finland Oy
• AMTEK, Inc. and Reichert, Inc.
• Kowa American Corporation
• Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems
• NIDEK CO., LTD.
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6938/ibb
Browse More Related Report:
Spirometer Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Hand Held, Table Top), By Technology (Volume Measurement, Flow Measurement), By Application (Asthma, COPD), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027
Pupillometer Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Mobility (Table-top, Hand-held), By Type (Video, Digital), By End-use (Hospitals, Eye Clinics), By Application (Ophthalmology, Oncology), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States