The worldwide tissue engineering market is an evolving area in the medical and biotechnology sectors. It aids in the development of innovative approaches for organ and tissue regeneration. This engineering method encompasses the development and application of advanced techniques to generate biological tissues that are functional in nature. The market for tissue engineering is expected to expand owing to the rising demand for organ transplants, developments in biomaterials and 3D printing, and utilization in personalized medicine.
Market Size Growth Rate:
According to the DataM market research report, the global tissue engineering market size is valued at USD 1.2 billion in 2022, it is expected to reach USD 1.7 billion by 2030, with growth at a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period 2023-2030. North America is estimated to contribute 38.6% to the growth of the global market over the forecast period.
The global tissue engineering market is driven by factors such as the high prevalence of chronic diseases such as neurological disorder, cardiovascular and orthopedic disorders, technological advancements such 3D bioprinting and stem cell therapies, increasing aging population, growing demand for bone implants due to the increasing road accident and trauma related injury cases. On the other hand, the high cost of the advanced tissue engineered products, the higher production cost for the development of these products and stringent regulatory approval restrain market growth.
For More Insights about the Market Request Free Sample here: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/tissue-engineering-market
The growing demand for organ transplants has resulted in driving the tissue engineering market. The shortage of organ donors is increasing progressively and has become a critical problem in the healthcare sector. For instance, according to the Health Resources & Services Administration 2023 statistics, approximately 104,234 patients are on the national transplant waiting list. Around 17 people die each day waiting for organ transplants. Moreover, after every 10 minutes it is reported that there is a need for organ transplant. Furthermore, as these numbers are increasing day by day, it is difficult to supply organs as there is shortage of organ donors.
Thus, tissue engineering can play an important role in meeting this scarcity of organ donors as it will help to engineer human tissue that will replace damaged tissues and organs. Employing a blend of biomaterials, cells, and bioactive molecules, tissue engineers construct functional tissues that seamlessly integrate into the body. Different organ transplant such as skin, blood vessels, bladders heart, and other types of these tissues have already been tissue engineered used in treatment human disease. Thus, owing to the above factors the market is expected to drive over the forecast period.
The high cost associated with tissue engineering technique is the major restraint for this market due to a major factor, such as the initial expenditure for the laboratory or facility, recurring fees, and the cost of the transplant itself. For example, the laboratory expenditure cost $50,700 in the tissue engineering strategy. In contrast, with the procured-tissue technique, the facility investment cost was US$168,750. The manufacturing expenses for tissue-engineered constructions can be high as well.
Furthermore, the lack of cell and tissue donation programs may contribute to the high cost of tissue engineering. The requirement for private and government financing, excessive healthcare spending, and the high cost of treating diabetic foot ulcers using a tissue engineering approach can all contribute to tissue engineering’s high cost. Thus, owing to the above factors, the tissue engineering market is expected to face a major restraint over the forecast period.
Tissue engineering in conjunction with 3D bioprinting creates significant opportunity for the global tissue engineering market. Researchers in the field are now using 3D printers to create personalized, small scaffolds onto which cells are precisely placed. This innovative technique not only promotes cell proliferation but also accelerates cell maturation.
Moreover, several companies are collaborating and investing in these technologies. For instance, in April 2023, Stratasys, a leader in polymer 3D printing solutions, and CollPlant Biotechnologies, a pioneer in regenerative and aesthetic medicine, announced a collaboration agreement to develop a solution for bio-fabricating human tissues and organs using Stratasys’ P3 technology-based bioprinter and CollPlant’s rh-Collagen-based bioinks. The first initiative attempts to develop a large-scale solution for CollPlant’s regenerative breast implants program and thereby generating opportunities for the market growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
The COVID-19 pandemic began in December 2019 with the SARS-CoV-2 virus in Wuhan, China, quickly spreading throughout the world, creating a significant impact on the tissue engineering market. The virus spreads easily by droplets from infected people, resulting in many illnesses. COVID-19 can cause major organ damage by affecting many organs. Tissue engineering approaches can be used to fix this, in which experts create novel ways to heal injured organs.
However, due to COVID-19, it has been difficult to obtain the materials needed for the present research. Shipping issues caused delays and cancellations of essential supplies, making it difficult for researchers and businesses to continue their work. Because of the pandemic, this condition hampered scientific development and had a significant impact on tissue engineering.
Russia-Ukraine War Impact Analysis:
The Russia-Ukraine conflict has had a negative impact on the tissue engineering sector. The conflict has hampered the chances of global economic recovery, which has hampered the expansion of the tissue engineering sector. The conflict has also produced economic disruption, which has reduced demand for tissue engineering products. Thus, the conflict will create a major impact on the tissue engineering market over some period.
Recent Developments in the Industry:
- On June 13, 2023, the Indian Drugs Controller has approved the first indigenously developed tissue engineering scaffold from mammalian organs by Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), an animal-derived Class D Biomedical Device that can rapidly heal skin wounds at low cost with minimal scarring.
- On January 16, 2023, 3DBioFibR, a leading tissue engineering pioneer, announced the release of two new collagen fibre solutions, CollaFibR and CollaFibR 3D scaffold. These off-the-shelf solutions, created using 3D BioFibR’s exclusive and revolutionary dry-spinning echnology to generate collagen fibres at commercial scales, offer considerable advantages for tissue engineering and tissue culture applications and are now for sale.
- On January 16, 2023, oMed X, an independent German biomedical research institute, announced that its ongoing research collaboration with AbbVie has been extended. This marks the opening of the first BioMed X Institute in the United States, which will be in New Haven, Connecticut. The new US-based research cooperation will focus on immunology and tissue engineering, following a first cooperative research study on Alzheimer’s disease at the BioMed X Institute in Heidelberg, Germany.
As per the research analysis, the global tissue engineering market is segmented by material type (synthetic materials, biologically derived materials, and others), by application (orthopedics, musculoskeletal and spine, neurology, cardiology, skin and integumentary, and others), by end-user (regenerative medicine research, hospitals, healthcare and medical institutes, and others).
- Based on application, the orthopedics segment is estimated to contribute 34.3% to the growth of the global market over the forecast period (2023-2030). The growing focus on applying tissue engineering techniques to address orthopedic challenges. Owing to factors such as rising prevalence bone and joint injuries, degenerative conditions, and musculoskeletal disorders, increasing aging population, and growing technological advancements.
- For instance, according to the World Health Organization 2022 report, approximately 1.71 billion people are suffering from musculoskeletal conditions globally. This has led to leading causes of disability worldwide, among which low back pain has been the major cause of disability in more than 160 countries. Tissue engineering plays an important role by offering innovative solutions to repair and regenerate damaged bone and cartilage tissues.
- Moreover, many companies are utilizing technological advancements such as 3D bioprinting using tissue engineering. For instance, Curiteva, the creator of the world’s first 3D printed interbody spinal implants, has granted the medical device a restricted commercial distribution. For spine surgery, the Huntsville-based technology and manufacturing company uses 3D-printed spinal implants. Curiteva’s recently FDA-approved Inspire platform is used to create the implants.
The global tissue engineering market is segmented into major countries, including North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
North America Tissue Engineering Market:
The presence of huge number of key players settled in the region, technological advancements, and high research activities along with developments of 3D bioprinting, organ-on-chip, and stem cell technologies by major players in the area makes it the highest market shareholder in tissue engineering market.
The demand for tissue engineering in the pharmaceutical industry is driven by an increase in the number of technologies and rising number of geriatric populations in the region. For instance, according to United States Census Bureau statistics, in U.S. 1 in 6 people are aging over 65. Moreover, in 2020 older population reached about 55.8 million or 16.8% of U.S. total population. Thus, tissue engineering will aid in restoring and improving the function of degenerated tissues, catering to the needs.
Asia-Pacific Tissue Engineering Market:
Various novel advancements are taking place in the region including advancements in research and also several collaborations are around the corner. For instance, in December 2022, CELLINK, a bioprinter development company, and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) launched the country’s first 3D bioprinting Center of Excellence (CoE) on Friday, with the goal of providing researchers with tools to advance discoveries in tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and drug discovery. Moreover, the increasing number of accidents leads to high demand for the tissue engineering that led to better treatment in the region.
Europe Tissue Engineering Market:
Europe is expected to be a growing region for the tissue engineering market. Before being approved and released onto the market, medical devices and other systems must pass stringent safety and efficiency tests. High regulatory criteria are followed, which guarantees the quality of the system and increases consumer confidence. Also, the increasing geriatric population and growing number of surgeries drive the market in this region.
There are numerous international, regional, and local suppliers in the global tissue engineering industry. owing to rising investments in research and development (R&D) and the incidence of chronic diseases. The United Kingdom is expected to be the region’s top market, owing to its well-established healthcare infrastructure and further funding from both governmental and private institutions. Furthermore, the area’s growing older population is also a driver for revenue growth. According to European Commission estimates, the number of people aged 65 and up in the European Union is expected to more than double by 2080, reaching 29.5%.
Major companies working towards the market’s growth Zimmer Biomet, Stryker Corporation, 3D BioFibR Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, CollPlant Biotechnologies Ltd., AbbVie (Allergan Aesthetics), Becton, Dickinson and Company, Athersys, Inc., BioTissue., Japan Tissue Engineering Co., Ltd., and others.
The tissue engineering market is at the forefront of medical innovation, providing vital solutions for approaching organ shortages and tissue regeneration. The adoption of modern technologies such as 3D bioprinting and tissue engineering into personalized medicine holds tremendous potential. While the market’s growth trajectory is encouraging, problems such as high costs and regulatory difficulties must be properly solved. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and geopolitical events such as the Russia-Ukraine war provides both difficulties and opportunities. The field’s ability to address important healthcare needs, combined with continuous collaborations and accomplishments, demonstrates its critical role in altering medical care.
Additional Benefits Post Purchase:
1) Unlimited Analyst support for a period of 1 year.
2) Any query with regard to the scope offered will be addressed within 24- 48 hours.
3) An Excel sheet with market numbers will be provided separately.
The Full Report has the below insights:
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market in terms of market value (US) and Y-o-Y Growth Rates (%). It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data (2021-2022), and verifiable projections about market size during the forecast period (2023-2030).
- Visualize the composition of the global tissue engineering market segmentation by material type, by application, by end-user, and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- By Material Type: Synthetic Materials (Polymers, Hydrogels, Ceramics, Composites), Biologically Derived Materials (Extracellular Matrix (ECM) Proteins, Fibrin, Collagen, Silk), and Others.
- By Application: Orthopedics, Musculoskeletal & Spine, Neurology, Cardiology, Skin & Integumentary, and Others.
- By End-User: Regenerative Medicine Research, Hospitals, Healthcare and Medical Institutes, and Others.
- By Region: North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global tissue engineering market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- The report also covers data insights on various industry forces such as porter’s five forces analysis, supply chain analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory analysis.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of global tissue engineering market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in Excel for the key product of all major market players
- The report will provide access to approximately 61 market data tables, 64 figures, and close to 180 pages.
DataM Intelligence 4Market Research is a market intelligence platform that gives access to syndicated, customized reports and consulting to its clients in one place. As a firm with rich experience in research and consulting across multiple domains, we are a one-stop solution that will cater to the needs of clients in key business areas. DataM Intelligence has an online platform whose coverage includes industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, health care services, animal feed, and food & beverages among others. Our platform has Insights on markets that uncover the latest market research data that are distinct from the competition. With coverage across 10 major industries in the marketplace research, DataM Intelligence benefits thousands of companies by helping them take their innovations early to the market by providing a complete view of the market with statistical forecasts. Our strategy centric framework and value-added services will let individuals and corporates with ease of access and custom personalization to research and markets.
Company Name: DataM Intelligence
Contact Person: Sai Kiran
Email: Send Email
Address:DATAM INTELLIGENCE 4MARKET RESEARCH LLP Ground floor, DSL Abacus IT Park, Industrial Development Area, Uppal, Hyderabad, Telangana 500039