Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Viral Vector Purification / Virus Purification Products Market (kit, prepacked column, resin, cassette, filter plate, capsule, reagent and others), 2020-2030” report to its list of offerings.
It is worth mentioning that current purification methods for viral vectors involve a multitude of steps, which has been shown to be associated with high product losses and lower yields. Recently, stakeholders have begun relying more on affinity chromatography-based virus purification regimens. Further, there are several companies that claim to offer a diverse range of innovative solutions for vector purification, including, filter plates, prepacked chromatography columns and resins, and consolidated kits.
To order this 270+ page report, which features 130+ figures and 200+ tables, please visit the website
Key Market Insights
Over 100 virus purification-focused products are presently available / under development
Of these, around 55% employ the use of chromatography; it is worth mentioning that, of these, only 25% products are suitable for commercial operations. This is followed by vector purification products based on the principles of centrifugation and filtration.
Till date, 1,000+ clinical trials, involving the use of viral vectors, have been registered
More than 750 trials were observed to be focused on cell and gene therapies, of which, more than 80% are anticancer interventions. Around 68,000 patients have been enrolled in trials involving the use of viral vectors. Interestingly, the highest enrolment was observed in studies evaluating treatments for Ebola.
Global demand for viral vectors is likely to be driven by therapies intended for oncological disorders
It is worth mentioning that over 75% of the current demand for viral vectors is generated for clinical stage therapies. Specifically, at present, 35% of the clinical demand is for lentiviral vectors. On the other hand, more than 40% of commercial demand is for adenoviral vectors.
The viral vector purification products market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 17%, till 2030
Market growth, in terms of revenues from product sales, is anticipated to be driven by the increasing demand for advanced therapy medicinal products (such as cell therapies, gene therapies and viral vaccines). By 2030, about 65% of the revenues are likely to be generated from sales of purification products based on chromatographic techniques. On the other hand, the market for products based on the principles of filtration is expected to grow at a relatively faster pace (over 20%), during the given time period.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit the website
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players offering products for vial vector purification?
- Which type of purification technique is likely to witness high adoption rate in the foreseen future?
- What is the current clinical trial landscape of viral vector-based therapies?
- How is the demand for viral vectors likely to evolve in the foreseen future?
- What is the share of viral vector purification products (in terms of revenue generation potential) across different disease markets?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The USD 500 million (by 2030) financial opportunity within the viral vector purification products market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Type of viral vector
- Purification technique used
- Type of therapy
- Gene therapy
- Cell therapy
- Viral vaccines
- Therapeutic area
- Oncological disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Ophthalmic disorders
- Metabolic disorders
- Inflammation and immunological diseases
- Scale of operation
- Preclinical / clinical
- Key geographical regions
- North America
- Rest of the World
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, one of the most challenging aspects of viral vector purification is the separation of empty capsids from viable virions. However, several stakeholders are working, individually and / or in partnership with technology providers, to overcome the aforementioned challenge. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Haifeng Chen (Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Virovek)
- Jeffrey Hung (Chief Commercial Officer, Vigene Biosciences)
- Kai Lipinski (Chief Scientific Officer, Vibalogics)
The research includes brief profiles of key industry players (listed below); each profile features an overview of the company, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- Agilent Technologies
- BIA Separations
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Cytiva (formerly GE Lifesciences)
- Takara Bio
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
For additional details, please visit
https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/virus-purification-products/322.html or email email@example.com
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Viral Vectors, Non-Viral Vectors and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market (3rd Edition), 2019-2030 (Focus on AAV, Adenoviral, Lentiviral, Retroviral, Plasmid DNA and Other Vectors)
- Gene Therapy Market (3rd Edition), 2019 – 2030
- Non-Viral Transfection Reagents and Systems Market, 2020-2030
Company Name: Roots Analysis
Contact Person: Gaurav Chaudhary
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 (415) 800 3415, +44 (122) 391 1091
Country: United Kingdom