The overall liver fibrosis market size is anticipated to increase owing to the rising prevalent cases. In addition, due to the lack of approved drugs, the expected launch of emerging therapy for liver fibrosis treatment will boost the liver fibrosis market in the forecasted period (2022–2032).
The Liver Fibrosis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM Liver Fibrosis market size from 2019 to 2032. The Report also covers current Liver Fibrosis treatment practice, market drivers, market barriers, SWOT analysis, reimbursement and market access, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Key takeaways from the Liver Fibrosis Market Research Report
- As per DelveInsight analysis, the liver fibrosis market size in the 7MM was approximately USD 2,225 million in 2021.
- As per the estimates, the total liver fibrosis diagnosed prevalent cases in the 7MM was approximately 19 million in 2021.
- Leading liver fibrosis companies such as Inventiva Pharma, Galmed Research and Development, Ltd., Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Galectin Therapeutics Inc., Zydus Therapeutics, Axcella Therapeutics, Akero Therapeutics, Inc, Lipocine Inc., Enyo Pharma, Sagimet Biosciences Inc., 89bio, Inc., HighTide Biopharma, Rivus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, and others are developing novel liver fibrosis drugs that can be available in the liver fibrosis market in the upcoming years.
- The liver fibrosis therapies in the pipeline include Lanifibranor, Aramchol, MGL-3196 (Resmetirom), Obeticholic Acid (Ocaliva), GR-MD-02 (Belapectin), Saroglitazar Magnesium, AXA1125, EFX, LPCN 1144, EYP001a (Vonafexor), TVB-2640 (Denifanstat), Pegozafermin (BIO89-100), HTD1801, HU6, Semaglutide, and others.
Discover which therapies are expected to grab major liver fibrosis market share @ Liver Fibrosis Market Outlook Report
Liver Fibrosis Overview
Liver fibrosis is caused by an accumulation of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins, primarily collagens Type I and Type III, which leads to the creation of fibrous scar tissue, which can eventually impede normal liver function. Chronic HCV infection, alcohol consumption, and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) are the leading liver fibrosis causes in developed countries. Cirrhosis, liver failure, and portal hypertension are all liver fibrosis symptoms that typically necessitate a liver transplant. Abdominal ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) of the abdomen and pelvis, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound elastography, MR elastography (MRE), transient elastography, and liver biopsy are among the test used for liver fibrosis diagnosis.
Liver Fibrosis Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Liver Fibrosis Diagnosed Prevalent cases
- Liver Fibrosis Severity-specific Diagnosed cases
- Total Liver Fibrosis Diagnosed Prevalent cases
Liver Fibrosis Treatment Market
Current liver fibrosis treatment options focus on removing associated damage causes, limiting hepatic stellate cell (HSC) activation, and boosting ECM breakdown and resistance to inflammatory responses. Other than treatment with traditional drugs, there are no specific therapeutic options for liver fibrosis treatment and early cirrhosis in clinics; traditional treatment methods have some problems, such as toxic and side effects on tissues and organs, as well as low drug selectivity, which cannot provide an effective concentration of therapeutic drugs into the liver. Moreover, the significance of liver fibrosis extends beyond the liver’s prognosis. As a result, treating concurrent disorders must be prioritized to enhance the prognosis of patients with NAFLD and fibrosis. To guarantee long-term adherence, the therapy considers the presence of comorbidities and the patient’s preferences. Due to a lack of standard liver fibrosis treatment options, liver transplantation is the sole choice for severe and advanced instances of fibrosis. The FDA has not authorized therapy for fibrosis or NASH; however, a few studies have shown encouraging outcomes.
To know more about liver fibrosis treatment, visit @ Liver Fibrosis Treatment Market
Liver Fibrosis Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- Lanifibranor: Inventiva Pharma
- Aramchol: Galmed Research and Development, Ltd.
- MGL-3196 (Resmetirom): Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Obeticholic Acid (Ocaliva): Intercept Pharmaceuticals
- GR-MD-02 (Belapectin): Galectin Therapeutics Inc.
- Saroglitazar Magnesium: Zydus Therapeutics
- AXA1125: Axcella Therapeutics
- EFX: Akero Therapeutics, Inc
- LPCN 1144: Lipocine Inc.
- EYP001a (Vonafexor): Enyo Pharma
- TVB-2640 (Denifanstat): Sagimet Biosciences Inc.
- Pegozafermin (BIO89-100): 89bio, Inc.
- HTD1801: HighTide Biopharma
- HU6: Rivus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Semaglutide: Novo Nordisk A/S
Liver Fibrosis Market Dynamics
The dynamics of the liver fibrosis market are expected to change due to the increased awareness of the disease. In addition, a better understanding of the pathophysiology is also a vital factor driving the growth of the liver fibrosis market. Moreover, a large variety of potential anti-fibrotic therapies targeting liver fibrosis are now in clinical studies, and any success will directly address fibrosis, thus boosting the growth of the liver fibrosis market. Additionally, there is no approved therapy in the therapeutic landscape; the liver fibrosis market is projected to see considerable penetration of the first licensed drug in the treatment of fibrosis. Furthermore, leading companies worldwide have worked hard to develop novel treatment methods with varying degrees of success. Moreover, the robust emerging pipeline is also bolstering the liver fibrosis market growth. However, certain factors are limiting the growth of the liver fibrosis market. The undiagnosed, unreported cases and the persisting limited awareness about the disease remain the primary aspects that strive for the liver fibrosis market growth. Moreover, liver fibrosis was thought to be irreversible, but advances in study on the molecular pathophysiology of liver fibrosis have demonstrated that hepatic cellular recovery is feasible. Other than removing the fibrogenic stimulation, there are currently no approved treatment options for treating this potentially fatal condition. Biopsy-confirmed fibrosis is linked with mortality risk and liver-related morbidity in patients with NAFLD, with and without adjustment for confounding variables, and in individuals with reported NASH, according to systematic reviews and meta-analyses on hepatic fibrosis.
Download the report to understand which factors are driving liver fibrosis epidemiology trends @ Liver Fibrosis Market Size
Scope of the Liver Fibrosis Market Report
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM
- Key Liver Fibrosis Companies: Inventiva Pharma, Galmed Research and Development, Ltd., Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Galectin Therapeutics Inc., Zydus Therapeutics, Axcella Therapeutics, Akero Therapeutics, Inc, Lipocine Inc., Enyo Pharma, Sagimet Biosciences Inc., 89bio, Inc., HighTide Biopharma, Rivus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, and others
- Key Liver Fibrosis Therapies: Lanifibranor, Aramchol, MGL-3196 (Resmetirom), Obeticholic Acid (Ocaliva), GR-MD-02 (Belapectin), Saroglitazar Magnesium, AXA1125, EFX, LPCN 1144, EYP001a (Vonafexor), TVB-2640 (Denifanstat), Pegozafermin (BIO89-100), HTD1801, HU6, Semaglutide, and others
- Therapeutic Assessment: Liver Fibrosis current marketed and emerging therapies
- Liver Fibrosis Market Dynamics: Liver Fibrosis market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Liver Fibrosis Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about new drugs for liver fibrosis in development @ Liver Fibrosis Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Contents
1. Key Insights
2. Liver Fibrosis Report Introduction
3. Liver Fibrosis Market Overview at a Glance
4. Liver Fibrosis Market: Future Perspective
5. Executive Summary of Liver Fibrosis
6. Key Events
7. Liver Fibrosis Disease Background and Overview: Liver Fibrosis
8. Liver Fibrosis Epidemiology and Patient Population
9. Patient Journey
10. Liver Fibrosis Emerging Drugs
11. Liver Fibrosis: Seven Major Market Analysis
12. Key Opinion Leaders’ Views
13. Liver Fibrosis Market Drivers
14. Liver Fibrosis Market Barriers
15. Liver Fibrosis SWOT Analysis
16. Liver Fibrosis Unmet Needs
17. Reimbursement and Market Access
19. Liver Fibrosis Report Methodology
20. DelveInsight Capabilities
22. About DelveInsight
Know which therapy is expected to score the touchdown first @ Liver Fibrosis Market Drivers and Barriers
Company Name: DelveInsight LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432,
City: Las Vegas
State: United States