The global surgical stapling devices market size is anticipated to reach USD 8.02 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 8.23% during the forecast period. Application of surgical staplers has gradually evolved from invasive surgeries to minimally invasive surgeries. With introduction of advanced surgical staplers, difficulties associated with the use of conventional staplers have been addressed.
Obesity is increasing among adults as well as adolescents below 18 years of age due to sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diet patterns in this age group. In case of eating habits, people are more inclined towards fast food rather than healthy food. Growing busy schedule and increasing stress are both causing people to consume packed and processed food.
Severe cases of obesity cause other conditions, such as diabetes and cardiovascular conditions, resulting in many opting for bariatric surgery. According to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) 2014 data, the number of bariatric surgeries has drastically increased from 1,600 in 2006-2007 to 6,000 in 2012-2013. This indicates high demand for these surgeries owing to increasing awareness about surgical options for weight loss.
Surgical Stapling Devices Market Report Highlights
• Manual surgical stapling devices dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2018. However, powered devices are projected to witness strong growth during the forecast period
• An alarming number of emergency cases can lead to surgical fatigue, thereby, reducing productivity. Powered stapling devices allow surgeons to perform more number of surgeries in emergency wards
• There is an increasing demand for disposable devices due to heightened concerns for communicable infections. Owing to which, disposable staplers are likely to dominate the market through 2025
• Disposable staples are made of plastic, whereas reusable staples are made of stainless steel. Both disposable and reusable staples have disposable cartridges and although reusable, staplers generate lesser surgical waste
• North America dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2018. The growth of the region can be attributed to surging bariatric surgeries, introduction of powered staples, and soaring need for tissue and wound management
• Key industry contributors include Covidien plc; Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.; Intuitive Surgical, Inc.; United States Surgical Corp; Cardica, Inc.; Zimmer Holdings, Inc.; Stryker Corporation; Smith & Nephew plc; Conmed Corporation; and CareFusion Corporation.
• In November 2018, Ethicon launched ECHELON FLEX GST System for exceptional staple line integrity across wide range of tissue thickness under its Bariatric Revision Surgical Solutions.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surgical-stapling-market/request/rs1
Surgical Stapling Devices Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical stapling devices market based on product, type, end use, and region:
Surgical Stapling Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Powered Surgical Stapling Device
• Manual Surgical Stapling Device
Surgical Stapling Devices Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Disposable Surgical Stapling Device
• Reusable Surgical Stapling Device
Surgical Stapling Devices End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Ambulatory Centers
Surgical Stapling Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• North America
• The U.S.
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
Fill The Pre-Order Enquiry Form For The Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/3057/ibb
Browse Related Reports:
Surgical Microscope MarketSize, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (On Casters, Wall Mounted), By Application (Ophthalmology, ENT Surgery), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027.
Image-Guided & Robot-Assisted Surgical Procedures MarketSize, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Specialty Type (Gynecologic, Urologic, General, Cardiothoracic, Head & Neck) And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States