The global surfing apparel and accessories marketsize is expected to reach USD 1.56 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing participation of people in water sports, coupled with growing popularity of surfing as a fitness activity, is a major factor driving the market.
Surfing has been highly perceived as a game of the youth and has emerged as an indicator of active and physically exhilarating sports among young minded people. Enthused by the opportunities existent in this space, a large number of players have been venturing in the surfing industry to develop technological advanced equipment and accessories, which will, in turn, have a positive influence on the surfing apparel market. For instance, in October 2016, Trinity Board Sport announced the launch of a surfboard based on parabolic rail system technology. The board offers 20%-30% more volume than a conventional surfboard, thus offering high degree of balancing and significant performance advantages.
Based on product, surf apparel held the largest share of 77.3% in 2019 and is expected to maintain its lead over the forecast period. Increasing product innovation by leading manufacturers, such as Quiksilver, Channel Islands Surfboards, and Firewire Surfboards, is fueling the segment growth. For instance, in July 2019, Billabong, an Australia-based company announced the launch of a graphene-enhanced surfing apparel named Furnace Graphene. This product is intelligently designed where graphene wrapped yarns trap and retain heat more efficiently, thereby offering warmth to the wearer.
North America emerged as the largest regional market and accounted for a share of 47.3% in 2019. Predominating presence of a well-established water sports/surfing infrastructure in the region is one of the key factors driving the market.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.0% from 2020 to 2027. International tourist arrivals and tourist expenditure on water sports have set the tone for surfing sports in the region. Many prominent beaches in the region such as Kuta beach in Indonesia, Weligama beach in Sri Lanka, Pansea in Thailand, and Bai Dai beach in Thailand have been gaining traction among the tourists as a popular destination for surfing. These practices have increased the visibility and acceptability of the sport in the region.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surfing-apparel-accessories-market
Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market Report Highlights
• By product, surf accessories are expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 5.7% from 2020 to 2027. Increasing demand for accessories, such as wetsuit booties and reef socks, among professional surfing enthusiasts has been driving the segment
• Online distribution channel is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 5.9% from 2020 to 2027. The online retailers offer a wide range of surfing apparel and accessories with special pricing and great discounts seasonally offered, which is a key factor enhancing the segment growth
• Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.0% from 2020 to 2027 as a result of changing consumer viewpoint towards adventure water sports.
• Major manufacturers are adopting various methods for developing eco-friendly outdoor clothing or apparels. For instance, in November 2019, Finisterre, a U.K.-based company, collaborated with Innovate UK’s Knowledge Transfer Partnership and the University of Exeter to design wetsuit techniques that would save close to 380 tons of discarded wetsuits sent to landfill every year in U.K.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surfing-apparel-accessories-market/request/rs15
Surfing Apparel & Accessories Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surfing apparel and accessories market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region:
Surfing Apparel & Accessories Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Surf Apparel
• Surf Accessories
Surfing Apparel & Accessories Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Surfing Apparel & Accessories Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• Central and South America
• Middle East & Africa
Fill The Pre-Order Enquiry Form For The Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/450302/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States