Stem Cell Therapy Market Overview
The stem cell therapy market was valued at USD 14.7 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach approximately USD 26.40 billion in 2026, registering a CAGR of nearly 10.24% during the forecast period, 2021-2026. The growth of the market is attributed to the rising number of clinical trials and the growing adoption of stem cell therapies globally. Stem cells are majorly used in regenerative medicine, especially in the field of dermatology. However, oncology is expected to grow at the highest rate due to a large number of pipeline products present for the treatment of tumors or cancers.
Impact of COVID-19 in Stem Cell Therapy Market
In the context of COVID-19, government organizations in various countries, research institutes, and many biotech and pharmaceutical firms are focusing on effective and rapid technologies for the fast diagnosis of COVID-19. According to a 2020 research article published in the scientific journal Aging and Disease (2020), mesenchymal stem cells are a safe and effective approach to the treatment of COVID-19. At least 10 projects have been registered in the official international registry for clinical trials, implicating the use of mesenchymal stem cells in patients with coronavirus pneumonia. However, it is still at an initial stage of study in relation to the market studied.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell-Based Therapies Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Stem Cell Therapy Market – Geographical Overview
North America accounted for the largest share in the stem cell therapy market
North America dominated the overall stem cell market, with the United States contributing to the largest share in the market due to the developed and well-structured healthcare systems. The increasing number of cancer cases is providing opportunities for market players. Stem cell therapy can also be a promising approach for the treatment of COVID-19 in the future. For instance, on May 6, 2020, Lineage Cell Therapeutics received a grant of USD 5 million from the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) to support the use of VAC, Lineage’s allogeneic dendritic cell therapy for the development of a potential vaccine against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Key Highlights of the Stem Cell Therapy Market
- The stem cell market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. The product advancements and improvement in stem cell technology by the major players are also increasing the competitive rivalry.
- The oncology disorders segment is expected to exhibit the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. With the growing focus of stem cell-based research and the rising demand for novel treatments, several companies, such as Stemline Therapeutics, have been focusing on developing technologies and treatments to attack cancer cells, which may help the market grow.
- In March 2021, OrganaBio launched HematoPAC HSC-CB CD34 hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) product, which is helpful in supporting HSC-based allogeneic cell therapies.
List of Key Players in the Stem Cell Therapy Market
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Pluristem Therapeutics Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Qiagen NV
- Merck KGaA (Sigma Aldrich)
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- Stem Cell Technologies Inc.
- AllCells LLC
- Miltenyi Biotec
- International Stem Cell Corporation
*List Not Exhaustive
Related Reports & Links
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- North America Stem Cell Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global stem cell therapy market on the basis of Product, Application, Treatment, and Geography:
- Product Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Adult Stem Cell
- Human Embryonic Cell
- Pluripotent Stem Cell
- Other Product Types
- Application Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Treatments
- Oncology Disorders
- Injuries and Wounds
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Other Applications
- Treatment Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy
- Autologic Stem Cell Therapy
- Syngeneic Stem Cell Therapy
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008