Stem cell therapy is a type of regenerative medicine modified to repair harmed cells within the body by reducing inflammation and modulating the immune system. Regenerative medicine has seen a rise in popularity as a result of the successful approval of cancer immunotherapies in the US and mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-based therapies in Europe. For patients with terminal diseases, when treatment focuses on managing the disease rather than treating it, cell-based therapy, particularly stem cells, offers new hope. The ultimate goal of stem cell-based therapy is to improve the body’s ability to repair itself by stimulating, modulating, and regulating the endogenous stem cell population and/or replenishing the cell pool to promote tissue homeostasis and regeneration.
Market Size Growth Rate:
According to the DataM market research report, the global stem cell therapy market size is valued at USD 5.8 billion in 2022, it is expected to reach USD 19.1 billion by 2030, with growth at a CAGR of 16.6% over the forecast period 2023-2030. North America is estimated to contribute 39.1% to the growth of the global market over the forecast period.
The global stem cell therapy market is driven by factors such as the high prevalence of chronic diseases, the increasing number of clinical trials, technological advancements, aging population, rise in generate disease-specific cell lines, enabling researchers to study disease progression and identify potential therapeutic targets, investment support from the governments and private companies. On the other hand, lack of awareness regarding the treatment and side effects associated with the stem cell therapy are restraining market growth.
For More Insights about the Market Request free Sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/stem-cell-therapy-market
The increasing adoption of stem cell technologies, gene therapies, tissue engineering, and technological developments in stem cell therapy are the main drivers of the market’s expansion. Governmental initiatives and clinical trials connected to stem cell research have been on the rise, aiding the stem cell therapy market to expand. For instance, on April 27, 2023, Research on stem cells and gene therapy receives $89 million from the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM).
At its meeting in April, the CIRM Board authorized funding almost $89 million in projects from its Clinical and Translation programs. In the agency’s Clinical program, which expedites support and provides financing for qualified stem cell and gene therapy-based initiatives through any level of clinical trial activity, over $39 million will support four projects. Additionally, a strong manufacturing pipeline for stem cell therapy products and the rising demand for the therapy both contribute to the market’s rapid expansion.
In recent years, stem cell therapy has grown in importance as more people look into it as a possible cure for a variety of ailments. To the contrary, lethargy, headaches, chills, nausea, and low-grade fever are some of the short-term side effects of stem cell therapy. Though side effects differ from person to person, not every patient will experience them. These negative effects are often minor and transient. Although reports of adverse events and side effects of MSC-based therapy have drastically increased due to novel clinical trials. Cell therapy’s efficacy sometimes seems to be overstated, which could have devastating consequences for patient outcomes. As a result, the therapy’s adverse effects cause a decline in market growth.
Despite these difficulties, there are numerous prospects in the stem cell therapy market. One of these is the chance for corporate collaborations and collaboration. Many regenerative medicine businesses are modest start-ups that could lack the capital or knowledge necessary to create new treatments on their own. These start-ups can hasten the discovery of new cures and hasten their introduction to the market by cooperating with other businesses or forming partnerships with bigger pharmaceutical firms. The potential for fresh ideas and technology to upend the market is an additional opportunity.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Companies and sectors were brought to the verge of collapse by the pandemic. However, there are some sectors of the healthcare industry that are growing unexpectedly. One such sector that has benefited from this crisis is the market for stem cell therapies. For COVID-19, a wide range of therapies including remdesivir, favipiravir, corticosteroids, tocilizumab, hydroxychloroquine, and convalescent plasma therapy were introduced. Stem cell treatment is an additional therapeutic alternative. From autoimmune disorders to hereditary and viral diseases, stem cells are used to treat a wide range of diseases. The mechanisms that drive the researchers to use these cells to treat COVID-19 include immunomodulation, regenerative capability, eliminating of alveolar fluid, and avoiding thrombotic events.
Recent Developments in the Industry:
- In September 2022, the first “made in India” over-the-counter cell therapy treatment, called “StemOne,” has been introduced by Alkem Laboratories and Stempeutics to treat knee osteoarthritis (OA). The business declared that the product now has regulatory approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI). According to a joint statement from the businesses, it is the first allogeneic cell therapy product to receive commercial approval in India for the treatment of knee OA.
- In October 2022, The California stem cell agency has given Cedars-Sinai a five-year, $8 million grant to open an advanced new clinic that will increase patients’ access to stem cell and gene therapies, boost research and training in regenerative medicine, foster greater collaboration with eight other clinics like it throughout the state, and assist in training the general public about stem cells and related therapies.
- On August 31, 2022, at the National Institutes of Health, a surgical team cured advanced “dry” age-related macular degeneration (AMD), also known as geographical decrease in size, by successfully implanting a patch of tissue generated from patient cells. The patient received the treatment as a part of a clinical trial, the first of its kind in the US, that utilized replacement tissues made from induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells produced from the patient.
- In August 2023, FDA has approved Aspen Neuroscience’s application for an investigational new drug (IND), allowing the company to move forward with a clinical trial for ANPD001, a customized (autologous) cell therapy designed to treat Parkinson’s disease by regenerating lost dopamine neurons. In Aspen’s autologous method, dopamine neuronal precursor cells (DANPCs) are created from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) derived from the patient’s own skin cells.
As per the research analysis, the global stem cell therapy market is segmented by Source (Embryonic Stem Cells (ESCS), Adult Stem Cells (ASCS), Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (IPSCS)), by Therapy type (autologous, allogenic), by application (regenerative medicine (hematologic malignancies, autoimmune disorders, neurological disorders, diabetes, liver diseases, kidney diseases, lung diseases, musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, skin disorders, ocular diseases, others), drug discovery and development), by Technology (cell acquisition, cell production, cryopreservation, expansion and sub-culture), by End User (hospitals, academic and research institutes, ambulatory surgical centers, others).
- Based on therapy type, the allogenic segment is estimated to contribute 54.3% to the growth of the global market over the forecast period (2023-2030). A recipient’s blood is infused with healthy stem cells during an allogeneic stem cell transplant. Once in the bone marrow, these stem cells will move there to begin producing new blood cells. Multiple myeloma, leukemia, lymphoma, and myelodysplastic syndromes are among the illnesses that are frequently treated with this therapy. Moreover, the segment is lead to increase the number of launches, partnerships and approvals helps to drive the segment growth. For instance,
- For instance, on April 17, 2023, Gamida Cell Ltd., a pioneer in cell therapy that is dedicated to transforming cells into potent therapeutics, announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Omisirge (omidubicel-onlv), an allergenic cell therapy, for use in adult and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older with hematologic malignancies who are planning to receive umbilical cord blood transplants after myeloablative conditioning to speed up neutrophil recovery.
- Additionally, in December 2022, The FDA has approved BioCardia, Inc.’s application for an Investigational New Drug (IND) to begin a first-in-human Phase I/II clinical trial of its allogeneic neurokinin-1 receptor positive (NK1R+) human mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy for the treatment of patients with ischemic heart failure. The company develops cellular and cell-derived therapeutics for the treatment of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. Thus, above factors help accelerate the growth of the segment.
The global stem cell therapy market is segmented into major countries, including North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
North America Stem Cell Therapy Market:
The presence of significant companies has led to increased market share in the region. Due to its robust biotechnology industry, the presence of international biotechnology companies, investments in R&D, and the promotion of specific treatments, North America dominates the market. Additionally, as the region expands, due to rise of neurological disorders and diabetes will become more prevalent, which will contribute to the acceleration of regional growth. For instance, the DRI estimates that around 37.3 million Americans, or 11.3% of the total population, have diabetes. 28.5% of the population, or an estimated 28.7 million people, had diabetes. There are about 8.5 million diabetics who have not yet received a diagnosis. So, the spread of diseases promotes growth in region.
Asia-Pacific Stem Cell Therapy Market:
Various novel advancements are taking place in the region including advancements in research. For Due to a large patient population and robust stem cell therapy product pipelines. The market for stem cell therapy is expected to grow quickly as a result of the rise in autoimmune diseases, neurological disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, skin disorders, and other diseases as well as lung, kidney, musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders. Additionally, the region’s market for stem cell therapy is being boosted by an increase in government funding.
Europe Stem Cell Therapy Market:
Europe will dominate the stem cell therapy in the future, with Germany contributing the largest portion of the market. Well-organized healthcare systems have been built in Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, and other countries. These systems also support big companies’ investments in R&D and R&D-related activities. For companies, the rising incidence of ailments like liver, kidney, lung, neurological, and other disorders is an opportunity. The regional introduction of innovative stem cell therapy is the main focus of the multinational corporations’ R&D efforts.
There are numerous international, regional, and local suppliers in the global stem cell therapy industry. The competition in the local market is fierce. The vendors compete based on price, product quality, and dependability. As a result, to prosper and survive in a competitive market, suppliers must provide cost-efficient and effective products.
Major companies working towards the market’s growth include Gamida Cell, Autolus Therapeutics, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Athersys, Inc, Century Therapeutics, Mesoblast Ltd, Vericel Corporation, BrainStorm Cell Limited, Cellino, and others.
Additional Benefits Post Purchase:
1) Unlimited Analyst support for a period of 1 year.
2) Any query with regard to the scope offered will be addressed within 24- 48 hours.
3) An Excel sheet with market numbers will be provided separately.
The Full Report has the below insights:
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market in terms of market value (US) and Y-o-Y Growth Rates (%). It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data (2021-2022), and verifiable projections about market size during the forecast period (2023-2030).
- Visualize the composition of the global stem cell therapymarket segmentation by mode, product, services, and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- By Source: Embryonic stem cells (ESCs), Adult stem cells (ASCs), Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
- By Therapy Type: Autologous, Allergenic.
- By Application: Regenerative Medicine (Hematologic malignancies, Autoimmune disorders, Neurological disorders, Diabetes, Liver diseases, Kidney diseases, Lung diseases, Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders, Gastrointestinal disorders, Skin disorders, Ocular diseases, Others), Drug Discovery and Development
- By Technology: Cell Acquisition, Cell Production, Cryopreservation, Expansion and Sub-Culture
- By End User: Hospitals, Academic and Research Institutes, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others.
- By Region: North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global stem cell therapy market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- The report also covers data insights on various industry forces such as porter’s five forces analysis, supply chain analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory analysis.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of global stem cell therapymarket-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in Excel for the key product of all major market players
- The report will provide access to approximately 61 market data tables, 64 figures, and close to 180 pages.
The primary factors driving the market are the increasing awareness of investors in the stem cell industry as a result of the advent of new therapies that provide excellent cures for many deadly diseases. Pharmaceutical firms have demonstrated greater interest in stem cell therapy and collaboration with biotechnology companies in recent years. The need for innovative and better treatment solutions for cardiac, neurological, and autoimmune problems has resulted in an increase in this market’s research and developments.
DataM Intelligence 4Market Research is a market intelligence platform that gives access to syndicated, customized reports and consulting to its clients in one place. As a firm with rich experience in research and consulting across multiple domains, we are a one-stop solution that will cater to the needs of clients in key business areas. DataM Intelligence has an online platform whose coverage includes industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, health care services, animal feed, and food & beverages among others. Our platform has Insights on markets that uncover the latest market research data that are distinct from the competition. With coverage across 10 major industries in the marketplace research, DataM Intelligence benefits thousands of companies by helping them take their innovations early to the market by providing a complete view of the market with statistical forecasts. Our strategy centric framework and value-added services will let individuals and corporates with ease of access and custom personalization to research and markets.
Company Name: DataM Intelligence
Contact Person: Sai Kiran
Email: Send Email
Address:DATAM INTELLIGENCE 4MARKET RESEARCH LLP Ground floor, DSL Abacus IT Park, Industrial Development Area, Uppal, Hyderabad, Telangana 500039