“Smart Cities in Asia-Pacific: Smart City Initiatives Gain Momentum as Connectivity Improves and ICT Technologies Evolve”, a new Telecom Insider Report provides an executive-level overview of the smart city market in Asia-Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the smart city market, analyzing key trends and smart city projects being implemented in the region, and the main smart city value chain and ecosystem dynamics in the region.
Rapid urbanization and inadequate resources in the Asia-Pacific region have been putting pressure on city’s services which have struggled to keep up. This has created the need to become more organized to ensure sustainability. Smart city solutions offers economic growth opportunity that connectivity, efficiency and innovation entails. Availability of technology enabling new solutions have also been supporting creation of smart cities in Asia-Pacific.
Melaka Green Technology Corporation
Dong Fang Electronics Corporation
Visakhapatnam Smart City Corporation ltd. (GVSCCL …
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Smart cities in the global context; a look at smart city context worldwide and analysis of the smart city value-chain and the role of telcos;
– Situation of smart cities in Asia-Pacific; an overview on the main city challenges in Asia-Pacific and how this is driving smart city investments, and also an analysis of the telcos’ role within Asia-Pacific smart cities’ projects;
– Smart city case studies; this section details the business model and strategy of smart city projects from Asia-Pacific’s five biggest economies;
– Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for smart city stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
– The rapid evolution of big data, IoT and access technology is opening the door to create many services. The widespread use of sensors across a city is becoming increasingly affordable and easy to implement, supporting faster smart city development
– Telcos in the regions have been investing in high-bandwidth technologies such as fiber-optic and 4G which will help connect public services with internet. The government has also been focusing on improving ICT connectivity through several initiatives such as “Digital India” in India and “Internet Plus” in China among others.
– Emerging countries in Asia-Pacific are focusing on providing basic public services in order to enhance quality of life. Moreover, high pollution levels of cities in the region have captured attention of the government and smart city initiatives have special focus on smart grids that will integrate renewable energy.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the value chain and business models in the smart cities market in Asia-Pacific to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
– Five case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the smart cities market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
– The report discusses concrete opportunities in the smart cities market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for smart city market participants, including telecom service providers.
Table of Content: Key Points
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 6
Executive Summary 8
Section 1: Introduction and global context of smart cities 10
Section 1, Defining a smart city 11
Section 1, Elements of a smart city 12
Section 1, Demographic pressures create smart city urgency 13
Section 1, Smart city projects grow in variety around the globe 14
Section 1, Widespread use of technology is a smart city enabler 15
Section 1, Access technology developments are also a vital enabler 16
Section 1, Smart city value-chain and the role of telcos 17
Section 2: Smart city situation in Asia-Pacific 18
Section 2, The soaring growth of Asia-Pacific urban centers 19
Section 2, Challenges specific to Asia-Pacific urban centers 20
Section 2, Connectivity projects as a smart city’s foundation 21
Section 2, Mobility and transportation solutions are aimed at reducing congestion 22
Section 2, Smart tech to enhance safety and security 23
Section 2, Smart solutions to enhance efficiency of public services 24
Section 2, Focus increases on smart grid and smart meters to attain sustainability 25
Section 2, Stakeholders in Asia-Pacific smart cities 26
Section 2, Telcos’ role within Asia-Pacific smart cities 27
Section 2, Investment in smart cities is growing in Asia-Pacific 28
Section 3: Smart city case studies from Asia-Pacific’s five major economies 29
Section 3, Case study: Smart city developments in India 30
Section 3, Case study: Smart city developments in Visakhapatnam city 31
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349