Shrimp belongs to the group of arthropods and represents one of the most popular seafoods consumed across the world. It is highly nutritious and contains copper, zinc, sodium, selenium, magnesium, iron and vitamins such as A, B6, C, E and B12. In addition, it is also a good source of the carotenoid astaxanthin which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Shrimp offers myriad health benefits such as weight management, improved bone and brain health and lowered risk of cardiovascular disease. Owing to the aforementioned benefits, shrimp forms a vital part of various cuisines and has emerged as a high-value product among consumers.
Get a Free Sample Report With Table of Content – https://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&flag=B&id=80
The global demand for shrimp has witnessed fluctuating trends during the past five years. The global shrimp production declined in 2012, primarily in the markets of China, Thailand, Vietnam and Mexico. This was due to the prevalence of EMS disease (Early Mortality Syndrome) that originated in China. Nevertheless, the market witnessed a strong rebound in the year 2014, but a minor decline in 2015. According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the global shrimp market has reached a production volume of around 5.87 Million Tons in 2019 and is further expected to reach nearly 7.01 Million Tons by 2025. One of the major factors that has proved proactive in maintaining a stable market growth is consumers’ pursuit of a healthy lifestyle. Some of the other growth inducing factors include rapid urbanisation, improved cold storage facilities as well as its easy availability.
Read Full Report With TOC – https://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/shrimp-market
Expert Market Research has analysed the global shrimp market according to species, shrimp size, country and top players:
Market breakup by Species:
1. Penaeus Vannamei
2. Penaeus Monodon
3. Macrobrachium Rosenbergii
Market breakup by Shrimp Size:
1. Large Size
2. Medium Size
3. Small Size
4. Extra Small Size
Market breakup by Country:
1. Mazzetta Company, LLC
2. Ma Yo Foods Co., Ltd
3. United European Seafood Traders Ltd
4. Carson and Co.
5. Seaprimexco Vietnam
6. A B Golden Seafood
7. Ocean More Foods Co., Limited
8. Afentoulis Liveris & Co.
9. Midseas Corp
10. Grand Ocean Seafoods Co., Ltd
11. Sealicious Foods Co., Ltd
12. Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL
Key findings from the report:
1. Different species of shrimp are penaeus vannamei, penaeus monodon, macrobrachium rosenbergii and others. In 2019, penaeus vannamei (or white-leg shrimp) represented the species with the highest production volumes. It was followed by penaeus monodon (or black tiger shrimp), macrobrachium rosenbergii and other species.
2. Various sizes of shrimp include large size (60 and above), medium size (40-60), small size (20-40) and extra-small size (below 20). In 2019, medium size shrimps dominated the market with the majority of market share.
3. Country-wise, China exhibited a clear dominance in the market with a share of around one-third of the total global shrimp production. Some of the other major markets include Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Ecuador, Thailand and Others.
3. Being fragmented in nature, the global shrimp market is surrounded by a number of players. Some of the top players include Mazzetta Company, LLC, Ma Yo Foods Co., Ltd, United European Seafood Traders Ltd, Carson and Co., Seaprimexco Vietnam, A B Golden Seafood, Ocean More Foods Co., Limited, Afentoulis Liveris & Co., Midseas Corp, Grand Ocean Seafoods Co., Ltd, Sealicious Foods Co., Ltd, and Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL, among others.
EMR is a leading business intelligence firm, providing custom and syndicated market reports along with consultancy services for our clients. We serve a wide client base ranging from Fortune 1000 companies to small and medium enterprises. Our reports cover over 100 industries across established and emerging markets researched by our skilled analysts who track the latest economic, demographic, trade and market data globally.
At EMR, we tailor our approach according to our clients’ needs and preferences, providing them with valuable, actionable and up-to-date insights into the market, thus, helping them realize their optimum growth potential. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical and Materials, Energy and Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
We also provide state-of-the-art procurement intelligence through our platform, procurementresource.com. Procurement Resource is a leading platform for digital procurement solutions, offering daily price tracking, market intelligence, supply chain intelligence, procurement analytics, and category insights through our thoroughly researched and infallible market reports, production cost reports, price analysis, and benchmarking.
Expert Market Research
Email: sales@expertmarketresearch com
USA/Canada: +1-415-325-5166 | UK: +44-702-402-5790
Company Name: Expert Market Research
Contact Person: Matt Johnson
Email: Send Email
Address:138 Duane Street
City: New York City
Country: United States