Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market Overview
The Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment market was valued at USD 4,164.7 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 5,373.4 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.76% from 2021 to 2026. Semiconductor metrology and inspection equipment are used to inspect various wafers and thin films in line after the processing of semiconductors. According to the Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI), silicon wafer area shipments in 2019 reached 11,810 million square inches and is also projected that the shipments could reach 17,600 million square inches by 2025. Additionally, by 2025, the semiconductor industry will experience significant benefits from the ongoing development and innovation in connectivity, communications, the automotive industry, and data centers. Moreover, the rise in the consumption of electronic components used in the navigation of automobiles, safety, and infotainment further contributes to the growth of the semiconductor sector. In the European semiconductor industry, the increasing demand for a denser integrated circuit with higher performance and higher speeds is driving technological advances in all facets of manufacturing.
Download free sample here – Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market
Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market – Geographical Overview
The Asia Pacific is expected to witness a significant market share in the semiconductor metrology and inspection equipment market
The Asia Pacific is one of the prominent regions for the semiconductor industry in regards to manufacturing and usage. According to SIA, Asia Pacific is the largest regional semiconductor market, and China is the largest single-country market. Moreover, in the APAC region, the trend toward the multiple layer measurement is increasing due to the use of cluster deposition systems, where the lack of single layer measurement is driving the market. The region is witnessing development and innovation, for instance, in November 2020, Hitachi High-Tech Corporation announced the high-speed defect review SEM*1 CR7300. The CR7300 is a new model of review SEM that will contribute to the productivity improvement in the manufacturing of semiconductor devices.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Epitaxy Equipment Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Semiconductor Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) Equipment Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market
- The semiconductor metrology and inspection equipment market is moderately competitive. The vendors are increasingly innovating their offerings to enable miniaturization & reduce lithography wavelength and increasingly developing advanced CD measurement techniques and services to cater to the increasing demand from the industry.
- In July 2021, Shenzhen JT Automation Equipment, a Chinese chip production tool manufacturer, announced a legally binding five-year memorandum of understanding with Huawei’s HiSilicon Technologies business. Both firms aim to expand their semiconductor packaging tool development partnership and create a self-sufficient and regulated industry.
- In March 2021, ASML and Heriot-Watt University in Scotland agreed on a five-year partnership to commercialize new laser sources to create a direct route to market for lasers in lithography metrology applications.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market
The COVID-19 outbreak across the globe has significantly disrupted the supply chain and production of the semiconductor metrology and inspection equipment market in the initial phase of 2020. For semiconductor manufacturers, the impact was more severe. Owing to labor shortages, most players in the semiconductor supply chain across the globe have reduced or even suspended operations. This has created a bottleneck for end-product companies that depend on semiconductors.
Related Reports & Links
- Semiconductor Equipment Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Semiconductor Etch Equipment Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
List of Key Players in the Semiconductor Metrology and Inspection Equipment Market
- KLA Corporation
- Applied Materials Inc.
- Onto Innovation Inc. (Rudolph Technologies Inc.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Hitachi High-Tech Corporation
- Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd
- ASML Holding NV
- Lasertec Corporation
- JEOL Ltd.
- Nikon Metrology NV
- Camtek Limited
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the semiconductor metrology and inspection equipment market on the basis of type and geography:
- Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD million)
- Lithography Metrology
- Dimension Equipment
- Mask Inspection and Metrology
- Wafer Inspection
- Thin Film Metrology
- Other End-user Verticals
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD million)
- North America
- Rest of the World
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008