The Overseas Center (ZTV World) of Zhejiang Radio & TV Group recently launched the second “@Beautiful Zhejiang” Global Short Video Contest.
On the basis of the inaugural edition of the contest, which concluded in January, the second edition added two special sub-themes, namely “100 Years of Memory in My Eyes” and “Outstanding Experiencers as Foreigners”.
The contest is currently receiving short videos of no longer than three minutes in duration from both home and abroad. The award-winning videos will be shown globally and even granted access to international film festivals.
The contest includes comprehensive awards and individual awards. The former includes five first-place prizes, 10 second-place prizes, 15 third prizes, and 30 honorable mentions.
The latter includes one award for each category, including Best Creativity, Best Videography, and Best Editing, as well as five awards for Most Popular Work, “100 Years of Memory in My Eyes”, and “Outstanding Experiencers as Foreigners”.
In addition, there will be special awards for International Collaboration and Excellent Groups.
The comprehensive awards and individual awards will be decided by online votes and the judgment of an expert committee. Winners will receive a certificate, a trophy, and a prize gift.
Previous entries for the inaugural contest are not allowed to enter into the second contest. Each entry is granted in principle no more than one award, unless the extra award is Most Popular Work.
The organizers reserve the right of final interpretation for the contest.
1. Launch of the contest: July 20, 2021
2. Collection and display of the video entries: July 20 to Aug 31, 2021
3. Evaluation of the video entries: early and mid-September 2021
4. Final judgment: late September 2021
5. Award ceremony and promotion of award-winning video entries: October or November 2021
Requirements for entries:
1. The entries must comply with the contest’s themes, including “Beautiful Zhejiang”, “100 Years of Memory in My Eyes”, and “Outstanding Experiencers as Foreigners”. They should reflect on true facts about Zhejiang and should not contain any information that relates to violence, pornography, or religious or racial discrimination or any illegal or commercial content.
2. The entries can be in the form of documentaries, interviews, talk shows, etc. Their duration is no longer than three minutes.
3. The entries can be filmed in any language, but have to have bilingual (Chinese and English) subtitles.
4. Please submit videos in MPG, MPEG, AVI, MOV, WMV, or MP4 format, with a resolution of 1280×720 (HD ready) or above. Both horizontal and vertical versions are acceptable. No corner logos, channel logos, watermarks, or any other logos are allowed.
5. The entries must be the original work of the contestants who hold the full copyright. The contestants shall take full responsibility for any disputes arising from the infringement of copyright by the entries.
6. The contest’s organizing committee and its collaborating parties are entitled to use the submitted videos for display and publicity.
Individuals, teams, or institutions can sign up for the contest in either of the following ways:
1. Online: Email the entry and the registration form to email@example.com before Aug 31. The title of the email should contain “Name of the Author-Name of the Entry-Short Video Contest”.
2. Mail: Copy the entry and registration form onto a disk and send it to Zhejiang International Channel (ZTV World) before Aug 31. (Address: Xinxiangli Building, 2-1 Macheng Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310005, China; Contact person: Ms Luo; Phone number: 18329101616)
Display and Publicity of the Video Entries:
1. Entries Display
Qualified entries will be posted online across a wide range of media platforms, including Zhejiang International Channel (ZTV World)’s official channels on WeChat, Weibo, Douyin, YouTube, Facebook, Tik-Tok, and the China-Zhejiang English Website, In Zhejiang (an English social web service run by Zhejiang Daily). Viewers can vote for and like their favorite video entries. Views and likes of qualified entries on each platform will be referred to in later reviews and judgment.
2. Promotion of Award-winning Entries
The final results will be announced online in October or November. An award ceremony is scheduled to be held to present certificates and awards to the winners.
The best video entries will be broadcast through Zhejiang Satellite TV, ZTV WORLD, ZTV NEWS, China Blue International Media Matrix, China Blue News APP, China-Zhejiang English Website, In Zhejiang English Website, “@Beautiful Zhejiang” Tik Tok, CCTV APP, Xinhua News, Xinhua APP, Xinhua News Agency mobile app, and other important platforms at home and abroad.
Company Name: The Information Office of Hangzhou Municipal Government
Contact Person: Cai Jingwen
Email: Send Email