Schneider Electric, the leader in powering digital transformation and grid modernization for utilities and communication providers, announced the release of ArcFM Designer 11.3.1. ArcFM Designer XI continues to evolve quickly to meet the demands of modern network design. The latest version of the premier design tool leverages advanced functionality giving engineers more accuracy, adaptability, and transparency. The latest release includes:
- Design Styles that transform the way design information is visualized, making it easier for engineers to reduce map congestion, manage whitespace and create focused designs views for the construction print.
- Multiple Map Views can be created for the construction print to give construction crews more information and insight.
- New Precision Editing tools more accurately place linear design features, including specifying the length, angle and offsetting from street edges or lot lines.
- Additional Asset Types for gas network design.
- Improved CU search results for partial matches.
- A new Cut Tool for electric networks enables lines to be split on-demand, making it easier to remove or replace part of a conductor.
- Equipment specifications are now assigned on-the-fly for a better implementation process and less long-term maintenance.
“The enhancements to Designer XI were focused on making design work more flexible and efficient, as well as facilitating better insights for construction crews,” said Jay Stinson, general manager at Schneider Electric. “We’ve incorporated customer feedback and anticipated industry needs in this latest release. Customers can expect continued new functionality that broadens the power of Designer XI and reinforces it as the premier solution for modernizing the design lifecycle.”
ArcFM Designer XI is part of the ArcFM Solution XI Series, an ecosystem of applications that streamline the design and construction workflow, enabling utilities to get work done more efficiently. ArcFM Editor XI, ArcFM Web XI, Geodatabase Manager XI and ArcFM Mobile XI fill out the rest of the ecosystem and offer the most comprehensive utility GIS solution available today. The result – streamlined workflows, minimized use of paper and a reduced work backlog, enabling utilities to address the challenges facing today’s digital environment.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.