• Reduced commissioning time with embedded Plug & Work through Machine Assistant
• Increased machine uptime thanks to Machine Advisor & EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor
Reiterating its commitment towards assisting smart manufacturing in India, Schneider Electric, the global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, announced the launch of a powerful solution for what it calls the ‘smart machine era’. The solution, New Modicon M262 controller is IIoT-ready for logic and motion applications. It offers intuitive, scalable and reliable machine integration into Industry 4.0 environment, machine to device, machine to human, machine to machine, machine to plant or machine directly to cloud. Additionally, Modicon M262 Controller embeds cybersecurity features and encryption protocols to provide direct cloud connectivity and digital services through two ready-to-work and independent embedded Ethernet ports.
Speaking about M262, Meenu Singhal, Vice President, Industry Business, Schneider Electric India said, “Several industries in India including manufacturing to a large extent, are striving to achieve globally competitive edge and scale, either by leveraging next-gen ground breaking technology innovations or by optimising the efficiencies of existing mission critical applications. Digitisation, pivoted on IIOT is the prime objective that not only bring down costs for businesses, but can also help augment operational requirements. With this solution, we aim to empower OEMs to successfully compete and innovate in the new digital era by maximizing productivity and generating additional revenue streams by opening up new business opportunities.”
The Modicon M262’s key benefits include:
• Connectivity: Up to 5 one-to-one independent Ethernet networks and cyber secured cloud connectivity for easy integration into the plant with open protocols, including OPC UA, PackML, SQ or to the cloud with MQTT, JSON or HTTPs requests (API).
• Efficiency: With 4 to 16 synchronized axes with scalable cycle time down to 1 ms and a 3 ns/inst processing speed independent from communication tasks, Modicon M262 Controller answers performance demanding motion applications. Modicon M262 Controller helps simplifying machine architecture and field bus wiring. And with Machine Assistant (webserver technology), no software is required for devices discovery, commissioning and diagnostics.
• Flexibility: Modicon M262 Controller answers to logic application needs, where it can be also an “All-in-One” motion controller, embedding all requested features as Motion bus, encoder and touch probes. Safety can be modular or embedded. With choice between Optimized and Performance I/O systems, Modicon M262 Controller provides versatile architectures around EtherNet/IP and/or Sercos – all under one software EcoStruxure Machine Expert.
• Protection: With Embedded Safety solution, Modicon M262 Controller complies with the latest safety regulations up to SIL3. It offers embedded encrypted communication, network separation, Achilles certification and other cybersecurity features.
Connected for greater efficiency and profitability
The Modicon M262 Controller is IIoT-ready, designed and delivered with intuitive direct cloud connectivity. No gateways are required. This enables OEMs to maximize profitability and optimize their time, from the design of performance demanding applications to the commissioning of the machine.
“Connected devices alone are not enough to accomplish true digital transformation. You need to develop a seamless ecosystem of humans and machines, performing optimized, end-to-end processes,” says Cyril Perducat, Executive Vice President, IoT & Digital Transformation.
Modicon M262 Controller is an integral part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxureTM Machine, a complete architecture that brings powerful capabilities to smart machines.
Modicon M262 can be easily connected to EcoStruxure Machine Advisor, a digital tool for machine builders to gain unprecedented insight into machine. Machine Advisor allows OEMs to enable asset monitoring, predictive maintenance, thereby expanding possibilities for generating end user services revenue.
Part of EcoStruxure: Innovation at Every Level
EcoStruxure is Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. It delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at Every Level. This includes Connected Products, Edge Control, and Apps, Analytics & Services. EcoStruxure has been deployed in 480,000+ sites, with the support of 20,000+ system integrators and developers, connecting over 1.6 million assets under management through 40+ digital services.
More information: See Modicon M262 Controller
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
#LifeIsOn #EcoStruxure #IoT #IIoT #PredictiveMaintenance #OperationalEfficiency #SmartLogistics #DigitalTransformation #MaterialHandling #SmartOperations #SchneiderElectric #SchneiderNews #SchneiderIndia