– Scalable, flexible, and high performing active harmonic filter brings reliability and efficiency to electrical systems, particularly in commercial buildings and the light industry.
– The AccuSine PCSn reduces THDi to less than 3%, guaranteeing a harmonic-free system for increased uptime, greater operational efficiency, prolonged equipment life, and improved energy efficiency.
Schneider Electric the global specialist in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced its new AccuSine PCSn active harmonic filter. This new offer is based on its award-winning AccuSine+ platform and is designed to mitigate harmonics and reduce voltage fluctuations particularly in less-harsh environments like commercial buildings and light industry.
AccuSine PCSn is a key power quality offer within the EcoStruxure Power platform, part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, the open and interoperable system architecture for building, grid, industry, and data center customers. The PCSn is a scalable, flexible, and high performing active harmonic solution that brings reliability and efficiency to electrical systems with increased uptime, greater operational efficiency, prolonged equipment life, and improved energy efficiency.
“Harmonic currents are a significant issue in power networks, especially given the growth of non-linear loads. Harmonics can cause equipment malfunctions, downtime, and large increases in operating costs,” says Nicolas Larue, global offer manager for Active Power Correction. “The AccuSine PCSn recucs THDi to less than 3%, which guarantees a harmonic-free system.”
The industry’s most advanced harmonic filter capabilities
- Active harmonic mitigation: Best-in-class performance to reduce THDi to less than 3%. Built on award-winning AccuSine+ technology, this guarantees a harmonic-free system, improves system reliability, and increases operational efficiency and uptime.
- Power factor correction and harmonic mitigation: power factor (cos φ), THDi, and THDv setpoint features provide system-level visibility and control, ensuring that you comply with utility code, and that your system is running at optimal efficiency.
- Mains load balancing: Harmonic mitigation eliminates harmonic current in the neutral, however, in a 3-phase system with single-phase loads, current still flows in the neutral. Applying the mains load balancing function reduces the neutral current to 0, resulting in a perfectly stable system.
Thanks to Schneider Electric’s proprietary intelligent paralleling algorithm the entire system can be commissioned from any one unit, and new modules can easily be integrated and scaled up. With flexible mounting options including chassis, wall, and rack configurations, the AccuSine PCSn is designed to meet any installation requirement, adding reliability and efficiency to electrical systems.
To learn more about AccuSine PCSn and our power quality improvement portfolio, visit www.se.com/us.
An Schneider Electric EcoStruxure™ Power connected offer
AccuSine PCSn is a key element in the EcoStruxure Power platform, part of Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture delivering enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability and connectivity for building, grid, industry, and data center customers. AccuSine PCSn is a is a significant addition to the company’s industry leading connected products offers and is a valued new platform within a connected and integrated power distribution network.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.