• It’s Galaxy VL 3-phase uninterruptable power supply (UPS)
• Introduction of a single-phase UPS, the APC Smart-UPS Ultra.
All introductions are designed to help users in meeting sustainability goals while increasing resiliency of IT and data center infrastructure.
Schneider Electric has announced updates to its EcoStruxure IT software to help its users to increase efficiency and resiliency, including:
- Increased remote management capabilities: New granular remote device configuration features enable users to change configurations on one or more devices, including the new Galaxy VL and APC Smart-UPS Ultra single-phase UPS units, from one centralized platform with EcoStruxure IT Expert. This update, combined with previously released software insights on device security health, helps to enable the user to identify faulty devices or configurations and address them quicker, helping to keep their hybrid IT environment more secure.
- Improved environmental monitoring: Environmental monitoring systems ensure users have continuous access to data center and IT deployments from any connected location. With this update, users can help to push mass configurations remotely for NetBotz cameras 750 and 755 more quickly and efficiently, which helps to increase security across critical infrastructure.
- Enhanced remote capacity modeling and planning: EcoStruxure IT Advisor’s new capabilities help users to remotely compare an unlimited number of racks and more easily identify available capacity, viewing what assets are deployed and their dependencies.
Schneider Electric has announced Redesigned Galaxy Lithium-ion Battery Solution
Schneider Electric’s newly released Galaxy VL, a compact, modular and scalable 3-phase UPS in the 200 – 500 kW range with efficiency levels up to 99 percent, now features redesigned Galaxy Lithium-ion battery cabinets, providing a more sustainable, high-density and energy storage solution for data centers, industrial processes, and critical infrastructure. The cabinets are compatible across the full Galaxy V Series.
This UL9540A-compliant battery solution is a green premium offer that can reduce battery footprint and weight by up to 70 percent, allowing for a more effective use of space. The new cabinets help to enable two to three times faster recharge than VRLA solutions as well as faster installation and enhanced system availability with patented redundant self-powered internal power supplies.
The included real-time battery management system helps to improve battery system visibility, predictability, and manageability. The modular, touch-safe design helps to simplify maintenance and increase operator safety.
Schneider Electric Introduced its new APC Smart-UPS Ultra
Schneider Electric also introduced its APC Smart-UPS Ultra, a 3kW 1U single-phase Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). Designed to deliver additional power, flexibility, and intelligent monitoring in a smaller footprint, the APC Smart-UPS Ultra helps to enable IT professionals and solution providers to address many of the challenges with deploying IT infrastructure in distributed edge computing environments and at the edge.
With the APC Smart-UPS Ultra, Schneider Electric is bringing to market its smallest, most advanced single-phase UPS that provides added flexibility to install in most lacations and save on total cost of ownership (TCO) without having to compromise businesses’ power protection needs.
The APC Smart-UPS Ultra’s compact design delivers additional power while taking up less IT space, providing additional installation flexibility and power density. The UPS’s compact design is up to 50 percent smaller and lighter than some comparable UPS solutions. The APC Smart-UPS Ultra offers more flexible mounting options including rack, tower or wall/ceiling mounts, so it can be placed out of the way to allow more space for IT in the rack.
The APC Smart-UPS Ultra’s Lithium-ion battery can last up to three times longer than a traditional valve regulated lead acid (VRLA) powered UPS and should not need to be replaced under normal operating conditions. This helps to eliminate what can be costly battery replacement, labor and service fees and visits over the life of the UPS. The APC Smart-UPS Ultra can save up to 15 percent on TCO over 10 years and comes with a 5-year warranty.
APC Smart-UPS Ultra is designed to be EcoStruxure Ready, which allows for cloud-based monitoring, delivers data-driven recommendations to better optimize performance, and enables visibility from any connected location across multiple UPS devices. Connectivity is available via Ethernet port or embedded network port, and the EcoStruxure Ready APC Smart-UPS web portal provides automated, customizable alerts regarding the health of the UPS to help make preventative maintenance simpler in order to help reduce unscheduled downtime and lower mean time to repair.
The APC Smart-UPS Ultra is available in North America starting in September 2021 and availability for additional global markets will be announced later in the year.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.