– The newest addition to the EcoStruxure Power edge control portfolio provides the most complete insight into critical power networks and applications, helping organizations to increase uptime, protect people and assets, and save time and money.
– In addition to existing features such as advanced visualization and alarm management tools, the latest version also features high transient capture, branch circuit power quality monitoring, load loss detection and more.
Schneider Electric, the global specialist in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the latest version of its award-winning software, EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert. Designed to simplify management of complex power systems, this newest addition to the EcoStruxure Power edge control portfolio provides the most complete insight into critical power networks and applications, enabling customers to discover new levels of efficiency and create a competitive differentiation.
Power Monitoring Expert is a key element within the EcoStruxure Power platform, part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, the open and interoperable system architecture for building, grid, industry, and data center customers. This latest edition of Power Monitoring Expert significantly augments its industry leading edge control offers and is an essential platform within a connected and integrated power distribution network.
Power Monitoring Expert provides the future-proof adaptability that modern power networks need to become safer, more reliable, efficient, and compliant. It connects to smart devices across electrical systems, from power and energy meters, to protective relays and circuit breakers, RTUs and PLCs, VSDs, UPS, and power quality mitigation equipment.
“EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert is part of our answer to the new energy future. The Power Grid is no longer linear, and today has alternative energy sources coming from many different places. These advancements in energy monitoring place huge stresses on everyone whose job it is to ensure the lights stay on,” said Mark Nolan, director offer and strategy, Digital Power, Schneider Electric. “Power Monitoring Expert brings unique new capabilities that keep operations running, protect people and assets, and save time and money.”
New features provide the industry’s most advanced power monitoring capabilities:
- High speed transient capture: discover hidden power quality events that would otherwise go undetected yet still cause significant equipment damage.
- Branch circuit power quality monitoring: monitor power quality even as far as branch circuits to ensure continuity of critical loads.
- Load loss detection: save time on investigation and analysis with automatic detection and notification in the event of a power quality-related load loss.
- LV thermal monitoring (NEMA-only): continuously monitor hot spots in LV equipment and be notified immediately of anomalies, rather than wait for periodic IR scans.
- Backup power management: integrated with ASCO ATS systems, for a complete solution to backup power.
- Easy Power Monitoring Expert device import: import device settings easily from ION Setup or
EcoStruxure Power Commission to help get the solution up and running quickly.
Significant enhancements for large and power-critical facilities
In large and critical buildings, uptime and reliability is paramount. For example, power quality issues can cause outages that cost as much as $1 million+ per day, while operations and maintenance costs can represent as much as 80 percent of the total lifecycle cost over a 50-year period. Plus, reliability ensures productivity and operational efficiency, so when equipped with the proper data and insight that EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert provides, these facilities can realize new operational efficiencies, opening new avenues of innovation.
One Schneider Electric customer, a major automotive manufacturer, installed an EcoStruxure Power Monitoring system that included Power Monitoring Expert, and the system paid for itself in two years—one full year ahead of schedule. Schneider Electric’s meters proved superior in their ability to perform power quality and disturbance monitoring functions, helping to minimize downtime and reduce energy costs.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.