“Romania: Country Intelligence Report”, a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Romania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
RCS & RDS
Romania’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from an estimated RON14.8bn ($3.6bn) in 2017 to RON17.6bn ($4.8bn) by 2022 at a CAGR of 3.6% (5.9% in US$) over 2017-2022, driven by projected growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. However, mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 21.2% (24.0% in US$) over 2017-2022, reaching RON5.8bn ($1.6bn) by 2022 driven by rising data consumption along with growing smartphone penetration, further supported by adoption of 4G/4.5G services and projected rise in adoption of 5G subscriptions. Moving forward, Romania’s pay-TV market is expected to see a CAGR of 0.1% (2.4% in US$) with growth in DTH and IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Romania.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Romania will grow at a CAGR of 3.6% (5.9% in US$) during 2017-2022.
– Mobile revenue will account for 67% of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of 4G/4.5G services and projected 5G growth.
– Orange Romania leads Romania’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Vodafone Romania, Telekom Romania, RCS & RDS, Lycamobile and others. All the operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, and competitively priced offers to strengthen their market position.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Romania’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Romania’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Romania’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Romania.
Table of Content: Key Points
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Telekom Romania 28
Orange Romania 29
Vodafone Romania 30
RCS & RDS 31
Additional resources 32
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349