According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global retractable syringe market was valued at USD 1.7 Billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 3.1 Billion by year 2026, at a CAGR of 7.9%. The market for retractable needle is growing out of critical healthcare-worker needs for safety. The safety needles industry that has grown from its nascent to the advanced stages very rapidly. The sector sees burgeoning demand from the sub-Saharan African and Asia Pacific region. The market can be divided into several segments and sub-segments today. It includes services ranging from unskilled care to skilled nursing. The product range is also very wide, and so is the scope and need for specializations. Many large pharmaceutical players have lately started investing in the market.
Get a Sample PDF copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2099
Needle-stick injuries are a predominant sharps-related hazard in many countries. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), each year, two million injuries from syringes and other sharp objects occur to 35 million health care workers in the world. The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), estimated approximately 385,000 needle-sticks and other sharps injuries occur annually in U.S. hospitals. In Singapore, a study on sharps injury reported 22.2 incidents per 1000 health-care workers at a regional hospital for the year 1997. Numerous studies have found nurses to be the most common group of health-care workers experiencing needle-stick injuries. Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) data indicated that some hospitals reported one-third of nursing and laboratory staff suffer needle stick injury annually.
Although nurses appeared to be the professional group most prone to sharps injuries, several studies have emphasized that sharps injuries are under reported by healthcare workers, making available incidence rates a less accurate reflection of the sharp injury occurrences. In fact, there is a tendency to under-report among various professional groups, with rates ranging from 30 to 60% for nurses, 13 to 15% for laboratory personnel, and 70–95% for physicians. Needle stick injury carries the possibility of exposure to any of more than 20 blood borne illnesses. The most clinically significant of these illnesses are hepatitis caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV) or the hepatitis C virus (HCV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) due to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Safer needle devices are designed to reduce the incidence of needle-stick injuries particularly in clinical setting, to prevent the risk of disease transmission from the patients to health care workers. In Retractable Needles, after the administration of the syringe contents, the hypodermic needle retracts to the inside of the barrel of the syringe. This can be triggered automatically through normal use of the syringe, or through an active input from the user.
Further key findings from the report suggest-
- The Hospital sub-segment occupied the greatest market share for use of retractable needles in 2018. The sector is characterized by holistic and palliative care being provided to patients, and an emphasis on maintain hygiene and safety. This sector accounted for almost 50% of the End Use segment in 2018 of retractable needle industry.
- North America has the leading share in the retractable needle stick industry, chiefly because of the converging trends of their ageing population, rise in the number and cases of chronic diseases and technological advancements
- Asia Pacific region is anticipated to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period on account of cost advantages, rise in the numbers of the ailing population and an increased need of safe healthcare. 10% of healthcare investment in R&D is expected by 2019 from many countries in the region which will positively affect the Retractable Needle sector.
- Governmental initiatives in many African countries is also expected to drive the growth of retractable needle sector. The countries in Africa present a new and potentially high-revenue generating region for most manufacturers.
- China and India are expected to witness a huge surge in retractable needle industry, as the market value is expected to double itself in India shortly. As high number of elderly populations is expected to be residing in China and Asia Pacific region by 2050, along with increased healthcare spending and the government of India planning to increase public health spending 2.5% of GDP by 2025, the industry is expected to see substantial growth in the Asia-Pacific.
- By Product, automatic segment occupies the largest share of 68.4% of retractable needle market.
- Latin America and Middle East and Africa will be showing an average growth of around 11.2% and 13.7% respectively till 2026. In Africa, the growth will be markedly higher than in many developed countries.
- Companies such as Axel Bio Corporation, Becton Dickinson and Company, DMC Medical Limited, Medtronic Plc, Medigard Limited, Retractable Technologies, Inc., Smith’s Medical Corp, Sol-Millennium Inc., UltiMed, Inc., and Retractable Technologies, Inc. are included in the analysis.
- Axel Bio Corporation sells manual retractable needle, under a strategic alliance agreement with UniqSafe Biomedtech Co, Ltd, whose manufacturing facilities are located in China and Taiwan.
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Retractable Needle market by Type, by Product, by End Use and by Region:
Product (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Manual Retractable Needles
- Automatic Retractable Needles
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Active retraction
- Passive retraction
End Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Ambulatory Surgery Centres
Region (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
View full report description with table of content at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/retractable-needle-market
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States