Some of the key facts of the report
1. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension prevalence was observed to be 109 per million individuals among the population of fewer than 65 years old.
2. Approximately 16.2% of patients are newly diagnosed with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. The overall prevalence of Pulmonary Hypertension was found to be 19.2 cases per Million Adult Inhabitants (MAI) among the Spanish population.
3. In 2017, the total prevalent cases of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension were 70,774 in the seven major markets.
Key benefits of the report
1. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Epidemiology and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market report provides insights into the current and emerging therapies.
3. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market.
“The disease is found to be more common among women as compared to men.”
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension therapeutic market is driven by the use of endothelin receptor antagonists, prostanoids, and phosphodiesterase inhibitors for the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension treatment. Among these therapeutics endothelin receptor antagonists are most widely used for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
LetairisVolibris(GlaxoSmithKline plcGilead Science), Opsumit (Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd), and Tracleer (Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd) are mostly recommended endothelin receptor antagonists being used for the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension treatment. These antagonists act by relaxing blood vessels and inhibiting proliferation and remodelling of blood vessels. LetairisVolibris (GlaxoSmithKline plcGilead Science), which is a selective Endothelin Type-A (ETA) receptor antagonist is the most robust therapeutic as compared to the other endothelin receptor antagonists (ERAs).
Tracleer (Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd) is the first endothelin receptor antagonists being approved by the US FDA for treating Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Opsumit (Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd) is a tissue- targeting endothelin receptor antagonist indicated explicitly for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (WHO Group I) to delay disease progression. There are large numbers of Prostacyclin/Prostanoids being available for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension treatment. Approval of Prostacyclin receptor agonist, i.e., Uptravi (Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd) for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH, WHO Group I) in 2015 has stimulated the growth of the treatment market. Adempas(Bayer AG) is the first-in-class and the only FDA-approved Soluble Guanylate Cyclase (sGC) stimulator for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension treatment and Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH).
There are very few numbers of drugs targeting phosphodiesterase for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Revatio (Pfizer) and Adcirca (Eli Lilly and CoGSKUnited Corporation) are the two approved phosphodiesterase inhibitors which act by suppressing high blood pressure by releasing nitric oxide. Revatio (Pfizer) helps in improving pulmonary blood flow. Several studies have reported the use of Adcirca (Eli Lilly and CoGSKUnited Corporation) in improving patient compliance due to once a day dosing.
Overall with the increase in the prevalence of this disease along with the approval of the pipeline therapies, it shall create a positive impact on the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension treatment market during the forecast period (2020–2030).
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
3. Bardoxolone Methyl
4. Rodatristat Ethyl
And many others
The key players in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market are:
1. United Therapeutics
2. Liquidia Technologies
3. Reata Pharmaceuticals
4. Altavant Sciences
5. Acceleron Pharma
And many others
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
3. SWOT Analysis of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
4. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Market Overview at a Glance
5. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Disease Background and Overview
6. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Epidemiology and Patient Population
7. Country Wise-Epidemiology of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
7.1. The United States
7.6. The United Kingdom
8. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Treatment Algorithm
9. Unmet Needs
10. Case Studies
11. Organizations related to Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
12. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Marketed Drugs
12.1.Approval and Market Presence
13. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Marketed Drugs by Companies
13.1.United Therapeutics Corporation
13.2.Johnson & Johnson
13.3.GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals/Gilead Sciences Inc.
14. Safety and Efficacy of Marketed Drugs
15. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Emerging Therapies
15.1. Emerging Drugs Analysis
15.2.Aurora-GT: United Therapeutics
15.3.Ralinepag: United Therapeutics
15.5.Bardoxolone Methyl: Reata Pharmaceuticals
15.6.Rodatristat Ethyl: Altavant Sciences
15.7. Sotatercept: Acceleron Pharma
15.8. PB1064: PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals
15.9. CXA-10: Complexa
16. Other Promising Candidates
16.1. Inhaled Nitric Oxide: Bellerophon Pulse Technologies
16.2.RT234: Respira Therapeutics
17. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension 7 Major Market Analysis
18. United States
19. EU5 Countries
21. Market Drivers
22. Market Barriers
24. DelveInsight Capabilities
26. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.