The global prefilled syringes market size is expected to reach a value of USD 22.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast years. Growing usage of prefilled syringes and technological advancements in auto-injectors are the key factors driving the market. Prefilled syringes are rapidly replacing traditional syringe-vial combinations due to advantages offered by them, such as increased patient safety and convenience for healthcare practitioners in dose preparation and delivery.
These syringes enable easy management of chronic diseases, such as diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis, which is expected to boost the usage of autoinjectors and pen injectors during the forecast period. Thus, growing prevalence of diabetes and other chronic diseases would fuel the market demand over the next few years. The introduction of advanced devices with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity facilitating effective management of patient health records is also expected to boost the product demand.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Prefilled Syringes Market Research Report @ www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pre-filled-syringes-market/request/rs1
Application of prefilled injectors is currently limited to emergency rooms in hospitals and for the treatment of certain chronic diseases. These injection devices are considered ideal containers for vaccines and other biotech drugs, which otherwise tend to become unstable and react with the material of the container resulting in altered drug potency. Rising preference for biotechnology drugs and emerging biotech sector presenting greater opportunities are expected to have a positive impact on the market development during the forecast period.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Currently, the use of glass prefilled syringes is greater than plastic syringes owing to high demand from healthcare professionals. Glass prefilled syringes are easy to use and lower the risks at the time of injection
- However, the plastic syringes are rapidly replacing glass syringes due to the advent of advanced, biocompatible materials, such as Polypropylene (PP) and crystal clear polymer
- Europe was the dominant regional market for prefilled syringes in 2015. High adoption of patient safety measures and presence of key companies are the factors responsible for its the region’s growth
- On the other hand, North America is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to rapid adoption of prefilled syringes in this region
- Major companies in the global market are Gerresheimer AG, Haselmeier AG, Nipro Medical Corporation, Unilife Corporation, Owen Mumford Ltd., Schott Group, Datwyler Pharma Packaging, and Becton, Dickinson and Company
- The market for prefilled syringe manufacturing is consolidated; however, new companies are bringing innovative technologies to this field, which can be used for the manufacturing of auto-injectors.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/1884/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global prefilled syringes market on the basis of type, material, application, distribution channel, and region:
Prefilled Syringes Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Prefilled Syringes Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Prefilled Syringes Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Vaccines and Other Biotech Drugs
Prefilled Syringes Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Mail Order Pharmacies
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Prefilled Syringes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Browse Related Reports:
Auto-Injectors Market: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/auto-injectors-market
Guidewires Market: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/guidewires-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States