DelveInsight has launched a new report on “Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032”, report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Post-Operative Nausea & Vomiting, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Post-Operative Nausea & Vomiting market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
Recent breakthrough in the Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market:
- Heron scored FDA go-ahead for Aponvie, an IV alternative to pills for postoperative nausea: Patients undergoing surgery and at risk for postoperative nausea and vomiting have a convenient option to pills with the approval of Heron Therapeutics Aponvie. Approximately 36 million procedures performed in the U.S. each year include patients that are at a moderate to high risk for PONV.
Some of the key facts of the Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market Report:
- The total population of PONV in the 7MM was 17,264,097 in 2020, and this is expected to increase during the study period (2018–2030). Also, the estimates show the highest population of PONV is in the United States, followed by Japan.
- According to estimated, in 2020, the total cases of PONV included 9,939,400 cases of patients with prophylactic antiemetics:nausea and vomiting, and 2,288,000 cases without it in the United States.
- The most cases of PONV were recorded in the United States.
Key benefits of the report:
- Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Epidemiology and Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting market in the 7MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
- The Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
- Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7MM.
- The Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting market.
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market Landscape.
Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Overview
Postoperative nausea and vomiting refers to the occurrence of nausea and vomiting after surgery. It is a common complication following various surgical procedures and can occur immediately after surgery or within the first 24-48 hours post-operation.
Several factors contribute to the development of PONV, including:
Anesthesia: Certain types of anesthesia, especially volatile anesthetics and opioids, can increase the risk of PONV.
Patient-related Factors: Individual susceptibility to nausea and vomiting varies among patients. Factors such as a history of motion sickness or PONV, non-smoking status, and female gender can increase the risk.
Surgical Factors: Certain surgeries, particularly those involving the abdomen, head, or ear, have a higher association with PONV.
PONV can significantly impact a patient’s recovery and overall satisfaction with the surgical experience. It can lead to dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, wound complications, delayed discharge from the hospital, and prolonged recovery.
Preventive measures and treatment options for PONV include:
Medications: Antiemetic drugs (anti-nausea medications) such as ondansetron, droperidol, metoclopramide, and others can be administered before or after surgery to prevent or alleviate nausea and vomiting.
Regional Anesthesia Techniques: Certain nerve blocks or regional anesthesia methods may help reduce the risk of PONV compared to general anesthesia.
Intraoperative Strategies: Using medications with lower emetic potential, maintaining adequate hydration, and adjusting anesthesia techniques can help reduce the risk of PONV.
Acupuncture or Acupressure: Some patients find relief from PONV through alternative therapies like acupuncture or acupressure.
Patient Education: Informing patients about PONV risks, providing preoperative counseling, and addressing concerns can help manage expectations and reduce anxiety.
Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market
The dynamics of the Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting market are anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the expected launch of emerging therapies such as Vivozon, Avenue Therapeutics, Taiwan Liposome Company, and others during the forecasted period 2019-2032.
Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- CR845 (difelikefalin): Cara Therapeutics
- CAM2058: Camurus/Braeburn
Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market Drivers
- Increase in research and development
- Rise in awareness
- Research in the genomic association of PONV
- The rise in the number of surgeries
Table of Contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Executive Summary
3. SWOT analysis
4. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Patient Share (%) Overview at a Glance
5. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market Overview at a Glance
6. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Disease Background and Overview
7. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Country-Specific Patient Population of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting
9. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Current Treatment and Medical Practices
10. Unmet Needs
11. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Emerging Therapies
12. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market Outlook
13. Country-Wise Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market Analysis (2019–2032)
14. Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
15. Market drivers
16. Market barriers
18. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Report Methodology
19. DelveInsight Capabilities
21. About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Market Outlook 2032.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States