The Global peripheral vascular devices market is expected to reach USD 8,918.8 million by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 7.2% from 2014 to 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Peripheral vascular devices such as IVC filters, angiography catheters and plague modification devices are used for treating peripheral arterial or coronary arterial diseases caused due to the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in arteries. These devices are used to decrease the interference of patients with minimum disturbance during the surgical procedure.
Increasing global geriatric population base triggering incidence rates of target diseases, extensive presence of both private and public external funding programs, changing lifestyle and eating habits are expected to be key driving factors for this market over the next six years. In addition, presence of untapped growth opportunities in emerging markets such as India, Brazil and China and increasing health awareness are also expected to serve this market as future growth opportunities.
Full research report on peripheral vascular devices market analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Peripheral vascular stents dominated the peripheral vascular devices market in terms of share at over 30.8% in 2013; driven by increasing demand for drug eluting and bio-absorbable stents. Moreover, the ability of these devices to significantly reduce re-stenosis rates is expected to boost product demand.
- Embolic protection devices market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period; owing to increasing demand for minimally invasive endovascular surgical method for removing atherosclerosis from large blood vessels.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2013, accounting for 40.3% of the global revenue. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, high patient awareness levels, healthcare expenditure and high R&D pertaining to drug discovery and development are some of the factors accounting for its large share.
- Asia Pacific peripheral vascular devices market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 10.0% from 2014 to 2020; primarily owing to the wide presence of unmet medical needs coupled with rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging markets of India and China.
- Key industry participants of this market include Abbott Laboratories, Angioscore Inc., Edward Lifesciences Corporation, Medtronic Inc., St. Jude Medical, Teleflex Medical, Volcano Corporation, Boston Scientific Corporation, Teleflex Medical, Cook Group Inc., Cordis Corporation, Covidien, W.L.Gore and Associates Ltd. and Angioscore Ltd.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/healthcare
Grand View Research has segmented the peripheral vascular devices market on the basis of product and region:
Peripheral Vascular Devices Product Outlook
- Peripheral Vascular Stents
- Peripheral Transluminal Angioplasty Balloon Catheters
- PTA Guidewires
- Atherectomy Devices
- Chronic Total Occlusion Devices
- Aortic Stents
- Synthetic Surgical Grafts
- Embolic Protection Devices
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters
Peripheral Vascular Devices Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-peripheral-vascular-devices-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States