The Indonesian SNI mandatory product certification has been around for a long time. For product which obtained the SNI certificate, SNI logo should be marked on the product and the outer packaging.
Every year, Indonesian government will declare the SNI regulated or new products list based on domestic production, import and export data for the next fiscal year. 36 product standards are covered in the plan of year
2020~2021, including automobile starter battery, motorcycle starter battery in Class L, Photovoltaic cell, household appliances, LED lamps and accessories, etc. Below is partial lists and standard information.
Indonesian SNI certification requires factory inspection and sample testing which will take about 3 months. The certification process is briefly listed as below:
- Manufacturer or importer registers the brand in local Indonesia
- Applicant submits application to SNI certification authority
- SNI officer is sent for initial factory audit and sample selection
- SNI issues certificate after the factory audit and sample testing
- Importer applies for the Letter of Admission of Goods (SPB)
- Applicant prints the NPB (product registration number) which is in the SPB file on the product
- SNI regular spot checks and supervision
The deadline for the opinion collection is December 9th. The products in the list are expected to be under mandatory certification scope in 2021. Any further news will be promptly updated later. If there is any requirement about Indonesian SNI certification, please feel free to contact MCM customer service or sales staff. MCM will provide you with timely and professional solutions.