Nuclear Medicine Market Overview
The increasing incidences of cancer and cardiac ailments are the major drivers for the nuclear medicine market. According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) report, it was estimated that 1,735,350 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the United States in 2018, where an increasing adoption of nuclear medicine. The factors such as increasing SPECT and PET applications and growing public awareness for healthcare are expected to drive the market in the future. In nuclear medicine imaging, the radioisotopes are detected by special types of cameras attached to the computer, which in turn, provide precise pictures of the area of the body examined.
Nuclear Medicine Market – Geographical Overview
North America accounted for the largest share in the nuclear medicine market
North America is the dominant market for nuclear medicine. The United States is the largest consumer market for radioisotopes, and Canada is the largest producer of Tc-99m. The United States was the largest contributor to the North American region in terms of revenue, and it is expected to retain its dominance, owing to the higher procedural volume and increasing adoption of nuclear medicine for various therapeutic applications.
Check our other latest reports on –
- North America Nuclear Medicine Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecast (2021 – 2026)
- Nuclear Medicine Diagnostics Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Nuclear Medicine Market
- There is high competition among the players in the global nuclear medicine market. The big players of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are leveraging their huge capital reserves to venture into this market, which is further increasing the competition.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness a healthy CAGR during the forecast period. The rise in demand for nuclear medicines in emerging countries, such as India and China, is due to the rise in disposable income, improving healthcare standards, and favorable reforms in foreign policies.
- The diagnostics segment is expected to show better growth in the forecast period. The diagnostics PET imaging radioisotopes have many applications in clinical neurology, which involve movement disorders, epilepsy, brain tumors, dementia, stroke, and neuronal plasticity.
List of Key Players in the Nuclear Medicine Market
- Triad Isotopes
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Advanced Accelerator Applications
- Cambridge Isotope Laboratories Inc.
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Nordion Inc.
- Isotec Inc. (Sigma-Aldrich)
- Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
Related Reports & Links
- Nuclear Medicine Radioisotopes Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Nuclear Medicine Therapeutics Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global nuclear medicine market on the basis of Product Type, Application, and Geography:
- Product Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Alpha Emitters
- Beta Emitters
- Application Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Other Applications
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008