North America Automotive Lubricants Market Overview
The North America Automotive Lubricants Market is at 4.03 billion liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.84% to reach 4.63 billion liters in 2026. Among all vehicle types, passenger vehicles accounted for about 76% of the total on-road vehicles in 2020, thus, generating the highest demand for lubricants in the North American market. The highest proportion of the passenger vehicle population in North America is attributed to the highest lubricant consumption in the passenger vehicles sector in the region.
In North America, automotive lubricant consumption stands the highest in the United States, followed by Canada and Mexico. The United States is one of the largest automotive markets, globally, and a leading automotive lubricant consumer in North America, due to its highest vehicle population. The expected recovery in sales and production in Mexico (the largest exporter to the North American market) and Canada (another major exporter), along with the United States, from the second half of 2021, is likely to increase lubricant consumption in the region.
Key Highlights of the Market
- The North America Automotive Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 68.50%.
- The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), Chevron Corporation, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, and Valvoline Inc., among others.
- In North America, the lubricant consumption share of commercial vehicles was recorded at around 23% in 2020.
- Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and low drain interval, as it is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
List of Key Players in the North America Automotive Lubricants Market
- AMSOIL Inc.
- BP PLC (Castrol)
- Chevron Corporation
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- HollyFrontier (Petro Canada lubricants)
- Phillips 66 Lubricants
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Valvoline Inc.
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the North American automotive lubricants market on the basis of vehicle, product type, and country:
- Vehicle Type (Market Size & Forecast (2016-2026) in USD billion)
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicles
- Product Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Engine Oil
- Hydraulic Fluids
- Transmission Oils
- Country (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- United States
- Rest of North America
Related Reports & Links
- North America Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market – Size, Share, Forecast & Covid-19 Impact (2015 – 2026)
- United States Automotive Lubricants Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2015 – 2026)
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/mordor-intelligence-lubricants/
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008