Interview by: Jinan – KOSAWADA Agency
1) Would you please introduce yourself to our readers?
- My name is Noelle el Saadany, and I’m a life coach, NLP Practitioner, and an advocate for Mental Health Awareness based between Dubai and Paris.
2) Was “Life Coaching” a dream or a career you sought for?
- Actually I knew nothing about coaching, I like to tell people that coaching found me. Originally, after completing a master’s degree in International Affairs, I was meant to work in Diplomacy and public affairs, but life decided otherwise. Few years back, I was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disorder and life coaching is what saved me on many levels, I felt so grateful that I decided to make it my life purpose.
3) What is a Personal Life Coach in general?
- A Life coach is a licensed wellness professional. He/she can help you clarify your goals, identify the obstacles holding you back, and then come up with strategies for overcoming each obstacle. In creating these strategies, life coaches target your unique skills and gifts. By helping you make the most of your strengths, life coaches provide the support you need to achieve long-lasting change. Additionally, accountability is one of the prime advantages of working with a life coach.
4) How is Personal Life Coaching different from Career Coaching?
- Only the subject makes the difference between a life coach and a career coach, the focus of the career coach is how to achieve certain goals within your career. The methods and tools used are the same. A life coach is a general term, each one of us has a specialty: Wellness, Career, Relationships, Grief, Finances etc.
5) What sorts of people have a Personal Life Coach?
- Nowadays All sorts of people have a coach. Life coaching was reserved to the greatest personalities, celebrities, and 100’s Forbes CEO’s. With time, the field opened more and more and received recognition appealing to people wanting just to become a 2.0 version of themselves.
7) What happens during your coaching session? What techniques you use?
- Depending on the challenges faced I use neuro-linguistic programming tools mostly, but also timeline therapy, visualization exercises and hypnosis. What happens is that you gain more clarity about your goals and an effective support system.
8) Where do your sessions take place?
- The sessions can take place anywhere. My office is usually used to run most sessions, however some clients prefer the comfort of their own home, or their office. For full immersion programs we work with certain hotels & resorts.
9) On what does the duration of sessions depend on?
- The sessions will be around 90 minutes most times because it is believed that the brain stops registering any form of new information after this timeframe. Also depending on what we do within the personalized program, we can propose to a client up to a full weekend of immersion to dig deeper into a belief or a negative pattern.
10) Have you ever encountered any obstacle with your clients?
- Luckily no. What you need to know is that a client chose his / her coach the same way we chose them. There must be an initial chemistry, a sense of trust between us. Once we establish the ground rules of the work that will be carried, there is no reason for things not to go according to the agreed plan.
11) What are the benefits of Personal Life Coaching?
- There is so much misconception about what life coaching is. People tend to think that only those with problems or specific issues need coaching. It’s actually the exact opposite / it is the highest achievers and most successful people around that seek coaching. A life coach will add to your life by putting you on track to your wildest dreams but also keeping you focused. Imagine having your own little fairy giving you the proven tools to becoming the very best version of you? Who would say no to that?
12) As a pandemic Covid-19 had its outrageous effects on every person worldwide, so is Covid-19 recently considered an extra major cause for your clients to get your help?
- The pandemic has disturbed our lives on so many levels and shifted some of our priorities to others, and navigating those changes hasn’t been easy for anybody. Both my ongoing clients and new ones have been working hard to learn to re-adapt to what is now our new Normal and still thrive in spite of the chaos
13) How is Personal Life Coaching different from counselling?
- Both approaches are quite different and complementary at the same time. In general, counseling focuses on identifying the causes of past problems and addresses long term personal issues in depth. Whereas coaching focuses on solving issues at the present time and setting goals for the future.
14) Do you like to give any insight through our stage for our readers?
- Change is the backbone of life, since birth we have been trained to adapt to an ever-changing environment, and in these conditions, it becomes hard to make the most of our decisions. Today you can become a master of change by simply asking yourself the right questions, by training yourself to differentiate between what you have been conditioned to believe, what you should do or be vs. what you actually want to do or be.
Then give yourself the highest chances to succeed, And finally … Do it …
15) Would you like to give any message for us at KOSAWADA?
- We tend to be very harsh on ourselves. Take a minute to acknowledge everything you have surpassed and how far you have come. Well done you!
Never forget that the secret of change is to focus ALL of your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new …