New Zealand is perhaps one of the most unspoilt countries in the world with an abundance of natural beauty. Combine this scenic beauty with a modern lifestyle and access to technology, and New Zealand becomes a truly unique destination in its own right. Proof of this fact is that almost 3 million people visit it every year. Even if it’s on your travel wish list, a tourist visa is essential to really enjoy what the country has to offer. A valid passport and the right visa are important to a Hassle-free entry into New Zealand. Your passport must be valid for at least three months after the intended date of departure and, if applicable, have a valid New Zealand visa.
WHAT IS NZeTA?
From 1 October 2019, people entering New Zealand from a visa waiver country must apply for an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority). This new requirement means that people from visa-exempt countries will not automatically be issued a visitor visa upon arrival. The NZeTA can take up to 72 hours to process, so it is important to arrange this in advance. Travellers are encouraged to apply for NZeTA (New Zealand eTA) online three days before travel.
New Zealand Tourist Visa Requirements
- They should have valid travel documents. The passport should have at least 6 months of validity
- Two recent photographs
- They should have sufficient funds to sponsor their trip to the country. This should include an amount to stay in addition to funds for general needs.
- They shouldn’t have any criminal case against them.
- They should show that they are a genuine tourist, with all plans to leave the country once their visa expires.
- They should have a return ticket or should show sufficient income to purchase a return ticket.
There are different types of New Zealand visas that are used in different situations :
This type of visa is used for tourist travelor to visit someone you know. The visitor visa gives you the right to study in the country for up to 3 months.
These are visas intended to study in New Zealand for a period of 12 weeks or more, be it an English course, general education or higher education.
At the invitation of an employer. If you find a job and the employer is willing to issue you with an employment contract, you can obtain a work visa on that basis, but subject to some additional conditions.
Pro Category. If you work in a specific field in New Zealand, you most likely have the opportunity to apply for a residency permit under certain conditions.
If you are looking to start a business in New Zealand and have an investment of NZ$100,000 or more, you should consider a business visa.
A New Zealand visa is required for Malaysian citizens for visits for up to 90 days. Malaysian passport holders can enter New Zealand through theNew Zealand TravelElectronic Authority (NZeTA) for a period of 90 days without obtaining a New Zealand visa from Malaysia under the Visa Waiver Scheme which began in 2009. The ETA allows visitors to enter the country for transit or tourism purposes and stay in New Zealand for a maximum of3 months.
Do Malaysian citizens need a visa for New Zealand?
Malaysian citizens do not need a visa to travel to New Zealand for up to 90 days. Visa-free access is permitted for tourism purposes and commercial activities. However, in order to enter the country without a visa, Malaysians must have an electronic travel authority. The NZeTAonline application process is quick and easy.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY?
- A current passport that is valid for at least six months upon arrival.
- A valid email address, to receive the NZeTA
- Arrival and departure dates.
- A valid Credit / Debit Card or Paypal Account to pay the New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA)
Danish citizens require aNew Zealand visa for stays of up to 90 days. Danish passport holders can use the New Zealand Travel Electronic Authority (NZeTA) to enter New Zealand without obtaining aNew Zealand visa from Denmark for a period of 90 days under the Visa Waiver Scheme which began in 2009. since July 2019Danish citizens need an eTA for New Zealand.
Requirements for the NZeTA for Danish Citizens
- Having a valid passport issued by the Danish government
- The passport should have a validity of at least 3 months beyond the date of departure from New Zealand
- Having a valid debit/credit card information to pay the online processing fee and the tourist tax
- Having a current email address to receive updates and notifications regarding the status of the NZeTA application
- Applicants of Denmark must have a clean criminal and immigration record
- Danish citizens must also have sound health when applying for their NZeTA unless they are travelling to the country for medical treatment or consultation.