With spring upon us, more and more bikers are popping up onto the streets and pathways around us and this number is sure to increase as the weather continues to get warmer. In the Toronto region alone, it is estimated that nearly 20% of the population uses a bike as their primary vehicle to transport them to school or work, resulting in nearly 3 million trips per week.
With so many bicycles out on the streets, it’s no wonder that bicycle accidents are on the rise. Most avid bikers know that wearing a helmet is one of the best ways of preventing serious injury while on a bike but many are not aware that proper yearly service and maintenance on their bicycle could not only help keep them safe on the city streets but could also extend the life of their bike as well.
Important tips for keeping you safe while riding:
- Maintain proper air levels in your tires: Keeping your tires properly inflated to their recommended pressure level will help to keep you safe while riding out on the streets. Properly inflated tires are easier to steer and control and makes maneuvering your bike quickly, in an emergency situation, much easier. Well inflated tires also protect against getting flats.
- Ensure all bolts are tightened regularly: Frequent riding can loosen nuts and bolts and if not checked and tightened on a regular basis, your bike may lose stability. Proper maintenance will keep all working parts tight and functioning properly.
- Ensure your bike is in alignment: Proper alignment of your bike, including the front forks, will allow your steering to be more accurate and your ability to maneuver your bike will be made much easier.
- Keep your brakes working properly: When your brakes work properly you are able to stop and maneuver your bike quickly, making your better able to avoid accidents.
- Keep your bike well lubricated: When all moving parts of your bike are kept well lubricated, they will function properly, keep from rusting and your bike will be safer to ride and will stay in better shape for much longer.
A spokesperson from Epic Cycles, located just outside of Toronto, Ontario, had this to say about proper bike maintenance:
“At Epic Cycles, we offer numerous different servicing options to help keep our clients bikes in excellent condition and to make sure that all of our riders are safe while out on the streets or on the trails. We know just how important it is to have a bike that performs and handles exactly as it should, and our maintenance services guarantee just this. Whether it’s a Standard tune-up, a Pro tune-up or an Epic tune-up that our clients seek, we make sure that the bike they bring in, leaves looking and feeling like a brand new piece of equipment.”
About Epic Cycles
Epic Cycles is located in Vaughan, Ontario and is a full service bicycle store and maintenance facility. They specialize in all types of bikes including electric and custom made bicycles.
Company Name: Epic Cycles
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email
Address:6221 HWY 7 W Unit 1
State: Ontario L4H 0K8