The Global Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Market was valued at US$ 1,197.3 million in 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period (2017–2025), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Better diagnostic techniques and products in pipeline are expected to be major factors driving growth of the global neuroendocrine tumor treatment market over the foreseeable future.
Neuroendocrine Tumor (NET) are diagnosed more frequently in the U.S. than other countries worldwide. According to U.S. Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Register, in 35 years prior to 2016, the number of GI neuroendocrine tumors/carcinomas of the small intestine has increased 300%-500%, which will drive an ample opportunity for the emerging pharma companies focusing on neuroendocrine tumor treatment drugs. Pulmonary neuroendocrine tumor treatment comprise around 25% of all kinds of neuroendocrine tumor treatment. According to Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 2016, Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment have a low incidence in the U.S., with a rate of 1.6/100,000 individuals. Typical Carcinoid (TC) comprise 1-2% and Atypical Carcinoid (AC) comprise 0.1-0.2% of all pulmonary tumors, whereas small cell lung carcinoma (SCLC) and Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma (LCNECs) make up 20% and 1.6-3%, respectively
Overall survival is good for the well-differentiated Typical Carcinoid tumors is 92-100% and moderate for AC 61-88%, whereas the higher grade, poorly differentiated SCLC and LCNET have a grim prognosis with OS as low as 5%
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Market, click the link below: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/neuroendocrine-tumors-treatment-market-129
According to a report by the American Society of Clinical Oncology in 2014, around 12,000 people are diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor and around 1,500 with Merkel cell skin cancer in the U.S., annually. Most of the patients were in the age group 60-65 years, of which around 90% were white people. The survival rate reduces to around 60% when the disease is undiagnosed within the first two years of its occurrence. However, the patients have higher survival rate in neuroendocrine cancer when it is detected in early stages, prior spreading to the lymph nodes or any distant parts of the human body. The GI neuroendocrine tumor is one of the most common indications causing liver metastases, especially when of midgut origin. Furthermore, appendix is the second most common location for midgut carcinoids as it helps to spread cancer to the entire liver.
Around 90 out of 100 people survive for 5 years or more when the carcinoid starts in the appendix. Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors is inherently a diverse group of cells or tumors that sometimes generate various peptides triggering characteristic hormonal disorders. Neuroendocrine tumor treatment can be categorized into clinically symptomatic (functioning) or silent (non-functioning). Both types of NET produce more than one peptide, though these are not associated with specific syndromes.
Key takeaways of the neuroendocrine tumor treatment market:
- The global neuroendocrine tumor treatment market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period (2017–2025) as there exists a huge unrealized market especially in Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
- The Sunitinib Malate and Sufatinib dominates the market in the drug segment, as it is used to treat progressive, well-differentiated advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors and show a good tolerance in Grade 3 NET patients too.
- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumor and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor are the major indication segment of neuroendocrine tumor treatment market, as these indication are highly prevalent in regions like North America and Asia Pacific
- Some of the major players involved in global neuroendocrine tumor treatment market are Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, Ispen, Advanced Accelerator Applications, Tarveda Therapeutics, Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Hutchison Medipharma Limited, Dauntless Pharmaceuticals Inc.and Exelixis, Inc.
- Global Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Market, By Drug:
- Sunitinib Malate
- Global Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Market, By Indication:
- Gastrointestinal NET
- Lung NET
- Pancreatic NET
- Others NET
- Global Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Market, By End User:
- Oncology Centers
- Global Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Pfizer Inc*
- Company Overview
- Drug Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Novartis AG
- Advanced Accelerator Applications
- Tarveda Therapeutics
- Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Hutchison Medipharma Limited
- Dauntless Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Exelixis, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc*
Request For Customization: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/129
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Email: Send Email
Address:1001 4th Ave, #3200
Country: United States