The global nebulizer market size is expected to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising incidence rate of chronic respiratory diseases, increasing demand for home healthcare devices, and rising geriatric population worldwide are the major factors leading to market growth.
According to the Population Reference Bureau report, “Aging in the United States”, the geriatric population in U.S. is estimated to increase from 48 million in 2016 to 98 million by 2060. Elderly people are susceptible to respiratory diseases such as COPD and sleep apnea. Therefore, growing geriatric population is expected to expand the patient pool for manufacturers and propel the growth of the market.
On the other hand, drug loss during nebulization is the major factor restraining the market. However, this can also act as an opportunity for the mesh nebulizer manufacturers as the devices are manufactured to deliver accurate drug dosage while reduce drug loss. Furthermore, increasing commercial acceptance of mesh nebulizers due to accurate delivery of drug to the lung and lower residual volumes also aids in market growth.
Technological advancements such as drug-device combination is further expected to create new opportunity in the market. The key manufacturers are expected to dominate the market of drug device combinations till the generic mesh nebulizer manufacturers invest in the support infrastructure required for the development of new pharmaceuticals. For instance, in 2016, Sunovion filed the first application for the approval of SUN-101. A mesh nebulizer in combination with a drug for COPD (SUN-101) will be a significant step for boosting the adoption of nebulizers. Other companies such as Vectura also have products in late stage development, e.g., VR475, indicated for severe asthma, in Phase III trials.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nebulizers-market
Nebulizer Market Report Highlights
• The jet segment held over 60.0% market share in 2019 owing to the greater penetration and low cost of the devices
• The mesh segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period, due to various benefits including portability, convenience, homecare application, and accurate dosage delivery
• According to the Population Reference Bureau report, “Aging in the United States”, the geriatric population in U.S. is estimated to increase from 48 million in 2016 to 98 million by 2060
• The demand is expected to increase in homecare application. Easy availability of compact nebulizers that are ideal for home use and technological innovations in the device to reduce the sound created by it and to improve its functionality are increasing its adoption in home healthcare
• North America dominated the nebulizer market in 2019. This high share can be attributed to increase in incidence of respiratory diseases, supportive government policies, favorable reimbursement schemes, rise in awareness, and increasing use of home care products
• As per the analysis of the U.S. and EU clinical trial databases, mesh nebulizers are more preferred for clinical trials sponsored by pharmaceutical companies over jet nebulizers.
• Key players include Omron Corporation; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; PARI Pharma; Allied Healthcare Products, Inc.; Becton Dickinson and Company; Agilent Technologies; Medline Industries; Briggs Healthcare; Drive Medical; and GF Health Products, Inc.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nebulizers-market/request/rs1
Nebulizer Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global nebulizer market on the basis of the type, end use, and region:
Nebulizer Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Nebulizer End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Hospitals and clinics
• Emergency Centers
• Home Healthcare
Nebulizer Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• Central and South America
• South Africa
Fill The Pre-Order Enquiry Form For The Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/972/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States