Vivienna Qunek Alfred, popularly known as Vivienna Alfred or Queen Vivienna, has continued to push boundaries in the entertainment industry as an actor as well as a travelogue host, recently completing the filming of This Time For South Africa (Malaysian TV). In a related development, the Kuching, Sarawak native, who has been in the entertainment industry since she was 15, has announced an upcoming project with South African TV/Netflix.
Vivienna, with the strong support of her mother, made her first public appearance in a local newspaper, Borneo Post for season’s greetings, Aidilfitri. She quickly became a star on social media and it did not take long before her career jumpstarted after participating in beauty pageants. Vivienna moved to Kuala Lumpur to pursue a career in entertainment and the rest they say is history.
Vivienna as a Beauty Queen
Vivienna can be rightly described as a relentless queen determined to make the best of every opportunity, irrespective of the challenges life throws her way. She has won several accolades as a beauty pageant contestant, including the winner of Keligit Lunau Festival 2015, finalist at Miss Cultural Harvest Festival 2015, and Winner at Kumang Gawai Park City Mall 2016 as well as Kumang Gawai Bintulu 2016, making history by winning 2 titles within 24 hours.
Other beauty titles that Vivienna Qunek Alfred has graced and won over the years are listed as follows:
- 2nd Runner-Up Puteri Samarahan Sejiwa Senada 2016
- Winner Miss Cosmopolitan World Malaysia 2018 and Top 10 Internationally
- 1st Runner-Up Miss Pink Lady Model Search Season 1 2018
- Winner Miss All Nation Malaysia 2020/2021
- 1st Runner-Up in Miss Grand Malaysia 2022
- 2nd Runner-Up in Miss Supranational Malaysia 2023
Vivienna Alfred as a Fashion and Commercial Model
Vivienna has worked with top fashion designers in Malaysia and other parts of the world, walking several runways for the likes of Bahari Asyek, Wan Bynun, Anna Sue, House Of Cosry, Lamar, and Butik Almas. As a commercial model, mostly in digital ads, Vivienna has collaborated in several industrial projects such as Digital Art Workshop by O; onk Madourart and Fujifilm product ambassador for Great Wall Studio. She has also featured model in a clothing campaign for Super Sunday, a featured model for jewellery designer, RAN; NONG Creations in KL Fashion Week showcase, a product ambassador and model for Pink Lady Body Perfection, a popular local beauty product brand, and modelled in Roku Gin campaign as well as Johnnie Walker Special Edition campaign. Vivienna also appeared in Make Up Your Face, Make Up Your Day, a beauty workshop by one of the well-known makeup artists in Sarawak, Kelvin Ngilo.
Vivienna was featured as a model in Malaysia Hari Ini, for M.O Couture and Wedding Sarawak. She has also collaborated on a music video with local Iban band, Sullivan which got nominated in Anugerah Muzik Dayak 2016.
Vivienna Alfred as an Actor and TV Show Host
Vivienna has demonstrated her prowess as an actor, starring in Malay dramas such as Aku Di Sisimu, alongside Fouziah Gous for TV2, RTM, and Setelah Ku Dimiliki, with Adeline Tsen for TV3, Media Prima. She has also captured the hearts of Telemovie fans, making her debut for Rumah Tokwie alongside Dato, Awie, Roy Azman, Hazama, Sharwani, and others for Astro. Vivienna’s latest Telemovie is for Topeng, alongside Rebecca Nur Al Islam, Zack X Factor; many more. Based on true story, coming soon.
Over the years, Vivienna has endeared herself to TV enthusiasts for her captivating on-screen performances in several projects as detailed below:
- TV Drama – Aku Di Sisimu; alongside Fouziah Gous for TV2, RTM; Setelah Ku
- Dimiliki; alongside Adeline Tsen for TV3, Media Prima.
- Telemovie – Rumah Tokwie alongside Dato; Awie, Roy Azman, Hazama, Sharwani; many more for Astro.
- Telemovie – Pulai (Pulang/Come Home) alongside Anding Indrawani, Nur Risteena, Bulan Terry; many more for Astro.
- Telemovie – Sesumpah Neraka, alongside Hafreez Adam, Og Ahmad Daud, Zack X Factor; many more. Based on a true story – coming soon.
- Telemovie – Topeng, alongside Datin Rebecca Nurislam, Zack X Factor; many more. Based on a true story – coming soon.
Vivienna started her career in TV hosting with travelogue documentary shows on both online and mainstream platforms. Her ability to speak both Bahasa Malaysia and English fluently gives her the opportunity to host shows/programs in both languages, with her multiple skill sets standing her out.
- Expresi Tradisi for TV Okey, Astro (mainstream media)
- Miss Pink Lady Travel In Asia for the YouTube channel Pink Lady TV (online media)
- Choco Hunter Season 1 for TV Okey, Astro (mainstream media)
- Deep C – coming soon (mainstream media)
- Sehari Semalam for TV Okey, Astro (mainstream media)
- This Time For South Africa for Malaysian TV – coming soon
- Travelogue; Explore South Africa for South African TV/Netflix – coming soon
Vivienna has also announced working on an upcoming TV show titled “Deep C,” which will premiere on 24th December by 9:30 pm on TV Okey (Astro 146) or Freeview (Channel 110). Deep C is about Vivienna’s journey from an inexperienced person with the sea, to becoming a certified diver. Follow her journey, as she dives throughout Malaysia beautiful beaches & find some of the most unique creatures each beach has to offer.