The global methanol market is expected to reach USD 40.50 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Methanol is used as an alternative fuel for transportation, owing to its ease of distribution and availability, and combustion-efficiency across the globe. It is a high octane fuel that allows effective performance in internal combustion (IC) engines. Engines optimized for methanol-fuel could deliver an energy-efficiency gain of around 50.0% over a standard gasoline engine in a light-duty automobile. Moreover, it can be used in IC engines as a substitute for diesel fuels. It has been found that Heavy-duty dual-fuel engines functioning on diesel and methanol fuels can enhance efficiency and substantially reduce emissions for buses, trucks, and off-road vehicles.
Get a Sample Copy of this Report with TOC, Tables, Statistics, Charts & Company profiles @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2393
The Key Companies Profiled in the Market are:
SABIC, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV, Methanex Corporation, PETRONAS, Methanol Holdings Limited, BASF SE, Celanese Corporation, Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc., Mitsui & Co. Ltd., and Enerkem, among others.
Growing acceptance of methanol-to-olefins (MTO) process is expected to drive the market growth in the upcoming years. MTO is an essential reaction for both industrial applications and fundamental research. Propylene and ethylene are among the significant intermediates used in the petrochemical industry. Worldwide, these intermediates are produced primarily by steam cracking of hydrocarbons, including naphtha, ethane, and propane. The MTO process is a substitute method to produce these olefins from methanol feedstock that can be derived from raw materials, including natural gas or coal.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- By type, non-renewable methanol dominated the market in 2018 and is estimated to grow at a rate of 2.4% in the forecast period. Methanol is a vital and versatile chemical for the chemical industry, primarily used in the production of chemicals, including solvents and anti-freezes, additives for gasoline, or biodiesel production process.
- By feedstock, natural gas contributed to a larger market share in the forecast period and is likely to grow at a rate of 2.7% in the forecast period.
- By application, formaldehyde accounted for the largest market share in 2018 and is anticipated to witness a growth rate of 2.3% in the period 2019-2027. It is an essential used in plywood for home construction, window/door insulation for modern airliners, and fuel system components for automobiles. Formaldehyde offers superior utility for consumers in the form of consistent quality, extended use, and reliable performance & safety.
- By industry vertical, the automotive industry dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 2.5% in the forecast period.
- The market in the Asia Pacific region held the largest market share in 2018 and is likely to experience a growth rate of 3.0% in the period 2019-2027. The market dominance of the APAC is attributed to the surging demand for methanol and its derivatives from the end-user industries in the region.
Get Attractive Discount @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/2393
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global methanol market on the basis of disease type, feedstock, application, industry vertical, and region:
Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- No-Renewable Methanol
- Renewable Methanol
Feedstock Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Natural Gas
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Acetic Acid
- Methyl Tert-Butyl Ether (MTBE)
- Dimethyl Ether (DME)
- Fuel Blending
Industry Vertical Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Paints & Coatings
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse Complete Report “Methanol Market” @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/methanol-market
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Methanol Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Methanol Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
184.108.40.206. Growing demand for methanol-based biofuel
220.127.116.11. Increasing acceptance of MTO process
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
18.104.22.168. Hazardous effect on human health
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price trend Analysis
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States