The global metal matrix composites market is forecast to reach USD 542.8 Million by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Metal Matrix Composites Market is expected to witness significant growth because of a positive application outlook in automotive, space equipment, and electronics. It comprises of metal and ceramic or organic compounds with mechanical, physical, and thermal properties, which can be customized by forging, rolling, heat treatment, and casting.
Carbon, silicon carbide, and ceramic fibers are embedded in alloy or metal and possess better electrical & thermal conductivity. It is used as outgassing and radiation resistance owing to properties like no moisture absorption, and it can withstand a wide range of temperatures.
Metal matrix composites improve automobile fuel efficiency and are light in weight. Rising consumer concerns regarding increasing oil prices have led to an increase in fuel-efficient vehicle demand and hence boosting the metal matrix composites demand. Metal matrix composites have greater tensile strength as compared to aluminum, steel, and reinforced metal, which may influence brake rotor manufacturing and automotive & turbines combustion engine. Toyota, Ford, and Honda are using an aluminum matrix to improve car durability and functionality.
Aluminum metal matrix composites increase fatigue resistance & reduce thermal expansion leading to wide application scope in passenger, lightweight & heavy vehicles. Aluminum reinforced composite are popularly used in car face & clutch plate assembly and crankshaft due to excellent heat, abrasion resistance, and fatigue properties. Porsche uses MMC in cylinder sleeves in the 911 model & Boxster. Flourishing the automobile sector because of an increase in consumer spending on automotive may drive the metal matrix composites market growth.
Key participants include CPS Technologies Corporation, Materion Corporation, GKN Sinter Metals, Metal Matrix Cast Composites, 3M, Deutsche Edelstahlwerke GmbH, Sandvik AB, Ferrotec Corporation, Plansee Se, and Ceramtec, among others.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/3167
The COVID-19 impact:
The COVID-19 outbreak has impacted the global economy altogether. Closed foundries and canceled events in the metal industry is not spared by the rising coronavirus infections from China. Due to the growth in infectious disease, there has been cancellation of international trade. The lockdown in several regions has severely impacted the Metal Matrix Composite Market around the world. Moreover, major players like the Ferrotec group sending its workers to quarantine (those who require) and working with reduced workforce strength will negatively impact the flourishing metal matrix composite market.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the metal matrix composites market on the basis of product, production technology, end-users, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Aluminum Metal Matrix Composite
- Magnesium Metal Matrix Composite
- Refractory Metal Matrix Composite
Production Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Liquid Metal Infiltration
- Powder Metallurgy
- Depositions Techniques
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Ground Transportation
- Thermal Management
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Metal matrix composites material has a low thermal expansion coefficient and high thermal conductivity than aluminum and copper, thereby promoting its use in semiconductor manufacturing. Metal matrix composite protects devices from radiofrequency and thermal stress and has wide applications in the electronic packing system.
- In Europe, the Metal matrix composites market is driven by Germany, France, and the U.K. and is expected to witness steady growth. An increase in consumer spending on healthcare and automobile sector may drive regional growth.
- Among the regional segment of the metal matrix composite market, North America is leading the market at present with 34.8% of the global market revenue. Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR of 6.4% over the forecasted period.
- The robotic application may witness favorable gains over the forecasted period. The global industrial robotic market may exceed over USD 80 billion by 2024. Metal matrix composites have excellent mechanical strength, high temperatures resistance, lightweight, and better wear & tear resistance makes them a suitable material for robot construction.
- Among the product segment of the metal matrix composite market, the refractory metal matrix is presently leading the market, and it will continue to dominate with an estimate to register the highest CAGR of 6.2% over the forecasted period.
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2019-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Metal Matrix Composite Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Metal Matrix Composite Market Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
22.214.171.124. Increase in the use of metal matrix composites for the manufacturing of structural aerospace composite parts with high precision and better dimensional stability.
126.96.36.199. Increasing demand for lightweight & strong metal matrix composite from the ground transportation end-use industry.
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
188.8.131.52. Complicated manufacturing process
184.108.40.206. Concerns about reparability and recyclability
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/3167
Thank you for reading our report. To receive further information on the report or to enquire about its customization, please get in touch with us and get your report tailored according to your needs.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States