The global maritime satellite communication market size is expected to reach at USD 4.74 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 8.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising need for reliable and cost-effective maritime communication services at sea is driving the market growth.Rising adoption of satellite communication for additional user-oriented services, such as entertainment, tracking and monitoring services is also expected to fuel revenue growth in the forthcoming years.
Maritime satellite communication is a crucial part of naval, commercial, leisure and oil rig and support vessels. Its services include voice calling, weather and oceanographic data access for navigation and fishing, data services for email and internet access as well as for tracking the location of the marine vessel.
Timely delivery has become a dynamic factor for the shipping industry. The industry is striving to achieve it by making high investments in R&D activities. The shipping industry uses satellite vessel tracking service to keep the shore-side operations informed about the location and to achieve timely delivery. Maritime communication services also provide distress warning whenever necessary, which is also one of the most influential factors driving the adoption of maritime satellite communication.
Technological innovation such as reduction in dish size and cost of data usage is expected to drive demand for installation of new VSAT services in place of MSS services. The adoption of VSAT with KU and KA band frequencies, will also provide immense growth opportunity for the market. Also, huge investments which are made by key manufacturers of maritime communication equipment, to introduce new comparatively cheaper satellite communication equipment is expected to boost the market. However, the high cost of equipment and satellite communication services may hinder the growth.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/maritime-satellite-communication-market
Maritime Satellite Communication Market Report Highlights
• Naval vessel in end use segment is anticipated to register a high CAGR over the forecast period ascribing to modernization of legacy systems such as close in air defense systems, radar, and communication systems in the naval fleet
• VSAT sub-segment the type segment is expected to witness higher growth than MSS owing to high data speeds, global coverage, and efficient maritime satellite communication
• Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness high CAGR over the forecast period owing to increasing adoption of VSAT technologies in the merchant and cruise ships in the region.
• The maritime satellite communication market is oligopolistic and is dominated by companies such as, Inmarsat Global Limited; Iridium Communications Inc.; Leonardo S.p.A.; Thuraya Telecommunications Company; ViaSat Inc.; Orbcomm Inc.; KVH Industries, Inc.; Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd; and EchoStar Corporation.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/maritime-satellite-communication-market/request/rs15
Maritime Satellite Communication Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global maritime satellite communication market on the basis of product type, revenue source, end use, and region:
Maritime Satellite Communication Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
• Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT)
• Mobile Satellite Services (MSS)
Maritime Satellite Communication Revenue Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
Maritime Satellite Communication End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
• Naval Vessel
• Commercial Vessels
• Leisure Vessels
• Offshore Oil Rigs
Maritime Satellite Communication Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• Central and South America
• Middle East & Africa
Fill The Pre-Order Enquiry Form For The Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/4053/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States