What is Marfan Syndrome?
Marfan Syndrome is an inherited disorder that affects connective tissue, the fibers that support and anchor the organs and other structures in the body. Marfan syndrome most commonly affects the heart, eyes, blood vessels, and skeleton.
What are the symptoms of Marfan Syndrome?
Marfan Syndrome symptoms vary greatly from person to person. Some individuals will develop only a few mild or isolated symptoms; others will develop more serious complications. In most cases, the disease progresses as individuals grow older.
How is Marfan Syndrome caused?
Marfan Syndrome is caused by defects or deletions (mutations) of the fibrillin-1 (FBN1) gene. Not everyone who has a mutation of this gene develops Marfan syndrome. Some changes do not alter the function of the gene or protein and therefore do not cause a medical problem. Other changes in the FBN1 gene can cause conditions that are distinct from Marfan syndrome.
How is Marfan Syndrome treated?
Beta-adrenergic receptor blocking drugs (β-blockers) such as propranalol or atenolol are often used in treating the cardiovascular problems associated with Marfan syndrome. Such drugs help to reduce the strength and frequency of the contractions of the heart. In doing so, they may reduce the strain on the walls of the aorta. Beta-blockers may delay the need for heart surgery. The dosage needs to be adjusted to the individual patient’s needs, and therapy should be closely monitored. Some individuals may not be able to tolerate these drugs and others such as those with asthma or depression may not be able to take them (contraindicated).
A second class of blood pressure medication called angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) is commonly used in the treatment of cardiovascular problems associated with Marfan syndrome. This includes medications such as losartan or irbesatan. There is experimental evidence that ARBs can help by both lowering blood pressure and by blocking TGF-β activity.
How has Marfan Syndrome affected population?
- Marfan syndrome affects males and females in equal numbers and occurs worldwide with no ethnic predisposition.
- Marfan syndrome prevalence has been estimated to be 1 in 5-10,000 individuals in the general population.
DelveInsight, a business consulting and market research firm, proffers “Marfan Syndrome Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030″ report that delivers an in-depth understanding of the Marfan Syndrome, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Marfan Syndrome market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Marfan Syndrome market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Marfan Syndrome market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Marfan Syndrome market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Marfan Syndrome treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
To know more, request sample pages @ Marfan Syndrome Market Landscape
Marfan Syndrome Market Outlook
According to DelveInsight, Marfan Syndrome market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2017-2030.
The Marfan Syndrome market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Marfan Syndrome market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Marfan Syndrome market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
Scope of the Marfan Syndrome Market Research Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Marfan Syndrome, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Marfan Syndrome epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Marfan Syndrome are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Marfan Syndrome market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Marfan Syndrome market.
Table of contents
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Marfan Syndrome
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Marfan Syndrome
4. Marfan Syndrome : Market Overview at a Glance
5. Marfan Syndrome : Disease Background and Overview
6. Patient Journey
7. Marfan Syndrome Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Marfan Syndrome Treatment
11. Marketed Products
12. Emerging Therapies
13. Marfan Syndrome : Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Access and Reimbursement Overview of Marfan Syndrome
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
20.2. Report Methodology
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
23. About DelveInsight
Request sample pages for more information on Marfan Syndrome Market Size